Space Ball

It was the next day and you were getting ready to meet Anakin, Ahsoka, and Skye for the game. You decided that you should head to the Space ball court before Rex so that no one would suspect that you both came from the same place. You had made a bet with Rex that if he won you would make chocolate chip cookies for him and if you won he would have to cook for you. Rex had some captain stuff to deal with before the game. You make it to the gym and immediately get hugged by Skye and Ahsoka. "Hey, Champ. Hey, Snips." You greeted both of them. "You can't just steal my nickname for her." Anakin protested, giving you a side hug. "Fine. Soka it is then." You concluded. "Is the game set up yet?" You asked. "Yeah, Ahsoka and Skye set it up pretty quickly," Anakin replied. "Why didn't you help?" You asked him. "They looked like they had it covered," Anakin answered with a guilty smile. You can feel that Rex has entered the room and a smile makes its way onto your face. You turn to look at him. "Hello, Captain Rex." "Hello, General." Rex greeted back. You watch Cody, Fives and Echo enter the room. You had previously asked Cody, Fives, and Echo if they wanted to play Space Ball. They accepted with excited smiles. "Alright everyone let's get started!" You yelled, in an attempt of getting everyone's attention. Everyone turns to you. "The rules of the game are simple. Get your ball into the opposite team's goal you win. The game uses racket sticks to hit the ball. You can only use your racket, legs, feet, and knees to hit the ball. You cannot grab the ball with your hands. Me and Anakin are team captains. Anakin you can choose first, then we'll go back and forth from there." You explained. "I choose Rex," Anakin said, watching for your reaction. You narrowed your eyes at him but stayed composed. Rex gave you an apologetic smile. "Okay, I'll choose Ahsoka." You voiced. Anakin gave you a surprised look and jokingly keeled over in fake hurt. "My own Padawan." Anakin gasped in fake horror. "Fine, I'll play dirty with you," Anakin responded. "You started it." You argued. "Skye," Anakin said, smirking at you. You dramatically reach your hand out to Skye, Skye doing the same as she walked to Anakin's side. "Cody." You called "Echo." Anakin called. "Fives." You called. Everyone on your team was standing beside you, Anakin's team doing the same. "Grab the rackets and let's go!" You yelled ecstatically.

Everyone was armed with rackets, ready for the game. You change the settings of the court so that it's zero gravity. "Did I mention the game usually has zero gravity?" You asked knowingly. "I think you forgot to mention that small detail, Sir," Rex responded, floating in zero gravity. A droid referee walks over to the middle of the court after everyone gets adjusted. The droid referee throws the ball into the air and your team races to it, but Anakin takes it away from you before you could even reach it. Frustrated, you chase him. He nearly makes it into the goal when Ahsoka blocks it with her racket. "Not a chance, Sky guy!" Ahsoka yelled. You could feel Anakin's competitive anger as you went after the ball. Rex quickly interjected you from the ball and hits it into the goal, giving you a playful smirk before regrouping with his team to do a brief celebration before getting back to the game. "The cheaters get one point!" You yell to the referee, who was by the scoreboard. "We did not cheat!" Anakin denied. "It just sounds like you're being a sore loser, Sir." Rex teased respectfully. "Next Round!" You yelled.

In the next round, your team makes the ball into the goal as soon as the round starts, having Ahsoka switch out with Fives and you hitting the goal. "Tie!" You informed the droid referee. You continue to the next round. Cody leads with the ball, but it gets swiftly stolen by Rex, who gave Cody and you a cocky grin. "We'll get him." You assured Cody. You both smiled and went after Rex. Cody hits it into the goal, earning your team another point. "2 out of 1." You reminded Anakin with a grin. "I can see the scoreboard, (N)." Anakin reminded you. The game went on with you and Cody having a vendetta with Rex and Anakin, Skye apologizing every time she stole the ball, and Echo and Fives being rivals. The game eventually ended with your team and Anakin's team winning a round back and forth resulting in a tie. Fives, Echo, and Cody had to leave, deep in conversation the whole time. "Me and the Padawans are going to depart so you can take care of your business," Anakin informed you, giving you a sly wink. "Hopefully I'll see you soon." You said, waving at Anakin, Ahsoka, and Skye as they walk away.