Friends

It had been a week since the attack on Kamino. Rex had been swamped with missions and Captain duties. So, you decided to hang out with your favorite Republic politician. "How are you and Rex?" Padme' asked, still looking over paperwork. "Everything's great, but he's busy most of the time. I try to treasure the time we have." You answered. "That's the difficult part." Padme' added. You keep forgetting that Padme' has to spend most of her days away from her husband. If anyone knew about spending time away from significant others she would. "Hey, I was thinking... We can schedule a double date. You, Anakin, me, and Rex." You proposed. "A double date? And go where?" Padme' asked. "We would do it here. I would make dinner and you could make dessert." You further proposed. "Do you think Rex would like that?" Padme' asked with raised eyebrows. "We would be wining and dining on new food Rex has never had before with two people I hold close to my heart, who I consider family." You answered. "Okay, how does the day after tomorrow sound?" Padme asked, on board with the idea. "Perfect." You answered excitedly.

It was the day after tomorrow and you were making waffles and bacon. The morning light pours in through the windows open, letting fresh Coruscant air into your home. You hear Rex yawn behind you. You feel Rex walk behind you and wrap his arms around you. "Smells great," Rex said to you, kissing you on the cheek with his hands on your sides. "Thanks, Captain." Said back. After breakfast was done you sat down and ate with Rex. "So,... I was thinking that we could have dinner at Padme's with Anakin. I would make dinner and Padme would make her famous pound cake with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and fruit syrup." You proposed. "It sounds like a good idea and I wouldn't say no to good food," Rex replied, planting a kiss on your forehead and putting his plate in the sink.

You made it to Padme's apartment in cloaks. "Why do we need cloaks, again?" Rex asked as you made your way to Padme's front door. "Just in case. We are on the higher levels now, someone could see us up here. Maybe I'm being paranoid since Anakin comes in and out easily and no one has found out about them, but there is nothing wrong with being careful." You explained. "Right." Rex agreed. You knock on the door and Padme' opens it with an excited smile. "Hi, (N)!" Padme' greeted you, pulling you into her arms for a hug. "Hi, Padme'!" You said back. She welcomes you into her home and Rex lets out a whistle. "Nice place you got here, Senator." Rex complimented Padme'. "Thank you, Esteemed Captain." Padme' said back. "Let me guess, Anakin's running late?" You asked. "As always." Padme' replied. "Okay, I'll get started on making dinner. Rex, are you opposed to helping me in the kitchen?" You asked. "Not at all," Rex answered.

You started to collect ingredients for dinner. You were thinking Tempura Shrimp Sushi would be a great choice since Padme' has plenty of exotic ingredients that could spice it up and it would be a great experience for Rex. "What do you need me to do?" Rex asked you. "I just need some help cutting some of the ingredients." You answered. You both started chopping up some of the ingredients like tempura shrimp and avocados. After cutting the ingredients you set up the nori and place the rice and ingredients on top of it. "Make sure you don't burn dinner this time, Cyar'ika," Rex added. Rex would only use that nickname to tease you. "First of all, you don't have to cook sushi, and second of all, that was one time. You don't have to be a smart ass, smart ass." You retaliated, throwing a pinch of rice at Rex. His face quickly changes to a playful grin. "Don't start something you can't finish, Cyar'ika," Rex warned. He tactfully throws rice at your face, and with you distracted, he starts tickling you. "Ack!-Rex-Ha-stop!" You pleaded. You laughed, uncontrollably. You were able to reach Rex's side and tickle him back, making him struggle to keep from laughing. Rex goes behind you and wraps his arms around you, picking you up despite the difficulty he had. "Rex put me down!" You half ordered, half giggled. "Not yet," Rex replied, giving you a playful kiss on the cheek. "Looks like you two are having fun." You and Rex turn around to see Anakin leaning on a wall with a grin on his face and wine bottles in his hand. "Just don't take it further than that. Having sexual relations in a kitchen when you're making dinner is just unhygienic and gross." Anakin added. You and Rex both part from each other, incredibly embarrassed. "We weren't going to do that obviously!" You yelled, a blush covering your face. Rex turned away, covering his blushing face. "We weren't going to take it that far, General," Rex assured Anakin. "Sure," Anakin said, walking away unconvinced.

Once dinner was prepared, everyone sat down and started eating, regaling tales of the past. "(N) even said that Padme' was out of my league!" Anakin accused you, pointing at you with his fork. "To be fair, look at her! She is an angel with glowing skin, kind, and incredibly smart. At the time, you were a cranky, whiny Padawan!" You argued. Padme' and Rex were both laughing with each over the ridiculous conversation. Padme' Walked away and came back with a bottle of red wine. "I thought this would lighten the mood." Padme' said, brandishing the bottle. "I don't think little Ani could handle it." You teased, knowing full well that Anakin was a lightweight and despite that would egg you on. "We'll see about that. You're going to be the first person to pass out drunk." Anakin scoffed. "It's a challenge then. A few drinks won't hurt." You said."

*A Few drinks later* Rex's point of view: (N) and Anakin were drunk eating cake and still trying to drink after having way too many while I and Senator Amidala tried to pull up the drunk Jedi. Not once in my life did I think I was ever going to see a drunk Jedi General. "You know-hic-what? Wouldn't-hic-be amazing if Jedi could fly using the-hic-force? (N) said, pointing their fork into the air. "It would be amazing if you went to the bed." I urged, still trying to pull them up carefully. "I could probably fly if I wanted to, I am the chosen one." General Skywalker said. "Well, "Chosen One" can you fly to the bed?" Amidala asked her drunken husband. "We are Jedi Warriors! We can do whatever the hell we want!" (N) Yelled, defiantly. "Yeah!" General Skywalker yelled. "Well, I want what's best for you. Don't you want that too?" I asked (N). "I guess-hic that would make sense." (N) conceded. I and Senator Amidala pull them onto the bed. General Skywalker goes to sleep as soon as his face hits the pillows. (N) almost falls asleep when they get up immediately, almost as if they forgot something. "Wait, I need to tell you something." (N) pleaded. I kneel by the bed right next to them and listen, expecting them to say something funny. (N) pulls my face to theirs. "I love you, but don't tell sober (N) that." (N) whispered. (N) kissed my cheek and fell into bed. Falling to sleep with a smile on their face. I still felt stunned with a blush on my face. "They might be silly Jedi, but they're our silly Jedi," Amidala said, looking lovingly at Anakin sleeping. "Yeah." I agreed. I spend the rest of the night talking to Senator Amidala and watching Holotv.