Tipping Points and Things are Not as They Seem

You finished putting on your Jedi clothes, finishing off by connecting your lightsabers to your belt. Rex was leaning his back on the counter, watching you get ready in your apartment. "I'll leave first and I'll will meet you at the funeral." You stated. Rex nodded, you kissed his cheek and hugged him before leaving.

"When we get there we need to pay our respects to Steela, touch base on if Onderon will join the Republic, and go back to the Jedi temple," Obi-Wan stated, raising his voice so that we can hear him in the ship. You and Anakin nodded as the republic cargo ship started to land. The Onderons people successfully took back Onderon but at the cost of their leader's life Steela and other rebels.

You silently prayed over Steela's body, before walking away from her and standing next to Obi-Wan and Anakin. "This has been quite a journey for our Padawans," Obi-Wan stated, looking woefully at Ahsoka who was standing at Steela's blanketed body. "Steela will be a powerful spirit in their lives," Anakin noted, looking at Ahsoka. "Yes. For all of us." Obi-Wan added.

"Remember this day, the day Onderon became free again. The Onderon king announced. The crowd was cheering loudly in response. You watch over the crowd and spot a familiar face. Annistor eyes meet yours and he gives you a wave.

Near the end of the celebration, you walk over to Annistor.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Losing the leader of your rebellion must be awful." You expressed.

"Yeah, Steela was an inspiration to my people, but her death won't change that. I think my people are strong enough to keep going." He stated.

You nodded and started to ask the question that's been bothering you. "I've noticed that you and I share a last name, are we related?" "I noticed that too after you and the other Jedi left. I think we are, but to make sure I have some siblings who moved to Coruscant you can ask. They're older than me and might remember when you were taken by the Jedi." He stated. He showed you a picture of his siblings and the resemblance was uncanny. There was a man, who was noticeably older, and two women. One out of the two girls was very young, around Ahsoka's age. The man had your exact eye color and the older woman looked a lot like you, probably only a few years older than you. "Thank you, Annistor." You expressed. You spotted Rex from a distance and he looked between you and Annistor suspiciously. "Me and my people have to go and help the King with political preparations. I hope I'll see you in the future, Master Jedi." Annistor said, bowing his head in respect, and left. Rex was by your side the second Annistor was leaving.

"Who's that?" Rex asked.

"Annistor, he was a part of the Onderon's rebel group. I... I think he might be my brother." You admitted. As soon as you said brother, Rex stops staring at Annistor's retreating form and gives you a shocked look. "What makes you say that?" "I found out that we share a last name and we look too alike. You probably didn't get a good look at him during training because of his headgear, but we really do look related." You acknowledged. "Are you happy about that? You get to know who your family is." Rex asked. "I don't know. It's just another secret to hide if I do get to know them and become a part of my previous family. Is it really right of me to bring an innocent civilian's family into my life? Even just a little bit," You stated. "If you do decide to meet them, I hope they're everything you're looking for in a family, (N)." Rex expressed, holding your shoulder, nothing too intimate in physical affection, but in his touch, you felt how much affection he held for you. You couldn't help but smile at Rex's words. "Thank you." You said, putting your hand over the hand that covered your shoulder.

Your comm beeps and you answer it. A miniature blue holographic image of Yoda is presented before you. "Come back to Jedi Temple on Coruscant, you must," Yoda instructed. "Is something wrong, Master Yoda?" You asked. "Tell you when you arrive, I will." Yoda vaguely answered. "Okay, we'll be there right away." You complied. "Let's get going." You spoke. Rex nods and follows you to the cargo ship.