The Citadel

You, Anakin, and Obi-Wan were tasked with rescuing Master Piell from the deadly prison known as the Citadel. As a Padawan, the Citadel terrified you. Stories of Jedi that had been lead astray by the dark side and punished harshly, now you saw it has the motivation to stay on the light side. "As you are aware, the Citadel is their most isolated and impenetrable detention facility. No one has ever escaped." Master Plo spoke. "Until now." You commented. "There's a first time for everything," Anakin added. Anakin was sporting darker robes and longer hair. "Indeed there is." Obi-Wan agreed. "Their security has prevented our probes from obtaining recent reconnaissance, so we've been forced to construct a crude map based upon data from the archives." Master Plo informed. Skye was standing next to you, focused on the briefing. "And since the data is extremely old, the map will be difficult to rely on," Obi-Wan added. "So we're essentially going in blind," Anakin commented. "Beg your pardon, General, but how do we know Master Piell is still alive?" Rex asked. Rex wasn't physically there, he was using a holo-transmitter to be present for the briefing. You wished he was really there, but you were going to meet him later. "The Separatists wouldn't dare kill Master Piell until they have what they need," Obi-Wan answered. "He obtained the coordinates of a secret hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route, which travels into the heart of both the Republic and Separatist home worlds." Master Plo informed. "They could prove vital in maneuvering our forces deep into remote Separatist sectors." Obi-Wan pointed out. "Or the enemy could use them to slip through our defenses and attack Coruscant," Anakin commented. "Or we can get there before any information is given, besides Master Piell is a very strong-willed Jedi, he wouldn't betray us." You argued. Anakin gave you a look, raising his eyebrow before returning his attention back to the conversation. "These hyperspace lanes are of immense interest to both our sides and could tip the scale of the war to whoever is in possession of them. That is all." Master Plo said, finishing the briefing.

"Based on the archives schematics, we've narrowed it down to three possible locations they could be holding him at." Master Plo informed. "My greatest concern is infiltrating their outer security. The life-form scanners will not be easy to fool." Obi-Wan voiced. "I've got a thought about that," Anakin responded. "This should be good." You said sarcastically. Ahsoka runs up to everyone and gets in step with Anakin. "Master, I'm sorry I'm late. I just heard about the briefing. We're going to rescue Master Piell, right?" Ahsoka asked with a smile. Now that you thought about it, Ahsoka and Skye have grown so much. Ahsoka's montrals have grown bigger and so has her height, becoming more decisive and less impulsive over the years that you watched her grow. Skye has become taller, more skilled, and confident, you couldn't be prouder of both of them. Anakin stops walking and turns to Ahsoka. Master Plo and Obi-Wan stop as well to turn to Anakin and Ahsoka. "You two have much to discuss." Master Plo acknowledged. Obi-Wan had a knowing smirk on his face before they walked away.

"Ahsoka, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but you won't be coming along on this one," Anakin informed her. "Not coming? But you're breaking into the Citadel. No one's ever done it." Ahsoka objected. "The Citadel wasn't designed to hold common criminals. It was created to hold Jedi if any of us lost our way. It's not a place for Padawans." Anakin explained. "If it's not a place for Padawans then why is Skye going? You're just being protective again. That's not fair! How am I supposed to learn if you won't let me share the risk? Master, tell him." Ahsoka said, looking to you for backup. "I'm sorry Ahsoka it's not my call. I would gladly let you go on the mission if I could, but I can't. It's Anakin's call." You told her. "This isn't a mission for learning. You either do or die. And that's not a risk I'm willing to share." Anakin affirmed. Walking away from the conversation. You and Skye gave Ahsoka apologetic shrugs as you follow Anakin. You catch up to Anakin and see his tense expression. "Hey, Skye why don't you go ahead to the hanger? We'll meet her there." You told her. Skye gave you a confused look, but nodded and walked ahead of you. "You know she's going to have to go on these dangerous missions sooner or later, whether it's as a Padawan or a Jedi Knight." You stressed. "You think I don't know that? She doesn't need to share the risk. Especially if the risk could mean death ." Anakin could mean death retorted. "I know. When I first heard about the mission I didn't want Skye to go anywhere near the Citadel, but I also didn't want to hold her back either. You hated it when Obi-Wan wouldn't let you on certain missions. You felt that he was holding you back too." You said. "I'm not doing this to hold her back, I'm doing this because I-" "Because you care?" You interjected. Anakin didn't answer, but you knew it was true. "I'm only saying this because I care. You know that you get it honest from me." You told him, grabbing his shoulder. "And I appreciate that," Anakin said with an appreciative smile, bumping your shoulder.