seven

*** i have officially changed the main character's name to Mia. sorry if you liked violet! i just really prefer Mia and i also think it works because mia stands for missing in action and she basically is lol***

.

.

 mia

.

.

After we had climbed all 300 something stairs at the Statue of Liberty, Harry insisted that we ate out in the city at some underground pub that he knew about. It sounded a bit shady to me, but he kept reassuring me that we weren't going to get mugged or anything.

Since we couldn't walk to this pub without Harry being attacked by people on the street and we couldn't maneuver a giant bus through the narrow city streets, Harry had found a cab service and called one that picked us up.

The first thing that I noticed was how this cab was a sheer black color and much cleaner than your average taxi, which basically told me that this was some famous person taxi service that wasn't available to all of us average people. Nonetheless, hopping into the leather, heated backseat made me feel special.

"So how did you stumble upon this secretive pub, then?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"When I first came to America for promotional stuff at the age of seventeen. Only a year younger than you." He smirked down at me, feeling superior.

"I'm almost nineteen." I reminded him.

"Right." He chuckled. "I was seventeen and we were staying with some guys who were going to be working with us, producer guys. And they were from here, so they know all of the best places. They took us to this pub and it was the first restaurant I've ever been to in this country."

"Interesting." I mused, peering out the window and admiring all of the large buildings and masses of people. I had been to NYC millions of times before, and each time I would always be fascinated at how everything worked- such a fast pace lifestyle.

From my small purse that I had with me, I heard the ding of my cellphone. I hadn't checked it all day long, simply because I didn't want to be bothered by people I didn't care about, but now that I had some time I decided to look down at it. That was my first mistake, because I knew that all of the emails were going to be from people I only knew from my father- people who didn't care about my well-being at all, but wanted in on the gossip.

I ended up deleting the majority of the text messages, apart from the ones from Matthew. They all included a string of curse words and insults and plenty of other things that I wasn't aware he was capable of saying. I sighed and rubbed my temples in frustration as I thought of something to say back to him.

What made me sad about all of the messages I got was that none of them asked how I was doing. They were all wondering what happened, or they were being rude, or they were looking for a story. Nobody in my life truly cared about my life and saw it as something of value.

 To: meaniehead jerkface butthole

deez nuts

 btw i'm blocking u

"I need to change my sim card." I said to Harry.

"There's a Verizon store right by the restaurant." He said. "I can take you there once we're done eating, unless you want to go beforehand."

"It's okay, I can go by myself when we're done. It won't take me too long." I assured him. I could tell that he wasn't 100% on board with my suggestion, but he didn't say anything. "That way we don't have to worry about you being found out." I explain.