sixteen

before i write this chapter, i want to say a huge THANK YOU for getting this story to one million reads. crazy how my itty bitty story has turned into something much more and it's all thanks to you. give yourselves a round of applause, you did it! and i am forever grateful.

  ALSO, IF U WANT A DEDICATION, COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. I WILL BE PICKING A COMMENTER TO DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO.

.

  harry

.

  It was around midnight some nights later, as I was sitting on the couch doing some light reading, when I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes.

  "Guess who?" Mia's small voice giggled. 

  "Hm, is it Cat?" I joked. Mia took her dainty hands from my eyes so I could finally see once again. She stood in front of me wearing fuzzy pajama pants, holding onto a pair of binoculars and a whole pile of blankets. To say I was confused as to what she was doing was an understatement.

  "Today, at about four thirty in the morning, there's gonna be this thing called the Perseid meteor shower. It's one of the only times in our lifetime that we'll be able to see it and I'm gonna stay awake to watch the whole thing from the front of the bus." She declared. 

  "A meteor shower?" I asked. "And it's in a couple of hours?" 

  "Mhm." Mia smiled. "I'm so excited, I've been reading all these articles about it and it's gonna be passing through this area tonight, and- I'm sorry." She blushed. "I'm being annoying." 

  "No, no." I shook my head. "Never be ashamed of something you're passionate about. I'll stay up with you." I offered. Her face lit up instantly and she wrapped her arms around my neck in a tight hug. I chuckled and picked her tiny body up and squeezed her back. 

  "We have a few more hours to prepare, but I say we sit up front by the big window so we don't miss it." Mia suggested. "I also figured out that the bus is pointed in the direction of the meteor shower, so our view should be really good. And since we're in a campground, we don't have to worry about streetlights getting in the way of our view."

  "You've given this some thought." I laughed.

  "Only a little bit." She blushed. "But I thought, since you're willing to do this, I'm willing to try one of your kale shakes."

  "Yes!" I shouted in victory. "I knew you'd come around one day. I can make us some just before the meteor shower. You'll like it, I make 'em good." 

  "Don't get too cocky now, Styles." Mia teased. 

  "Hey, all's I'm saying is, if the singing thing didn't work out for me, I definitely could've opened a kale shakery." Harry laughed.

  "Pretty sure shakery isn't a word. It's okay though, you probably aren't that smart because you dropped school for singing. I understand." She smirked. My laughing subsided as I stared at her blankly.

  "I'll have you know, Mia Roden, that I finished high school just like you." I said. "And I know for a fact that shakery is indeed a word, because I just made it up." I chuckled, looking down at her. "And when I open my kale shakery, I will be adding it to the dictionary with all of the other real words." 

  "Fine, you win." Mia said. She grabbed the giant pile of blankets that she had dropped and hobbled to the front of the bus. I would be lying if I said I hadn't sneaked a peak at her butt as she walked away, and for some reason immediately felt extremely guilty, like I had to apologize or something.

  Cat hopped up next to me on the couch and I scooped her up and brought her with me to the kitchen. I had to make sure that I had enough of my ingredients for the kale shakes.