twenty five

mia

  "What did your band mate want?" I asked once Harry had gotten off the phone. To give him some privacy, Cat and I chilled in the back of the van. She snuggled up next to me on the futon while we watched Hell's Kitchen and watched Gordon Ramsay make fun of all the horrible chefs that were on the show.

  "He's going to meet up with us in Texas, in two days." Harry smiled. "I told him he could stay in the bus with us and he's going to tag along when we go to NASA." 

  "Oh, cool." I said. "He seems like a ni- wait. Did you just say NASA?" 

  Harry froze and his face turned a light shade of pink. He smacked himself on the forehead before chanting "stupid, stupid!" at himself while I gazed on, wearing a confused expression on my face. Frustrated with himself, he ran his long, bony fingers through his hair and finally looked at me.

  "It was supposed to be a surprised." He explained. "Since we couldn't go to Air & Space that day in D.C, I was planning on surprising you by taking you to NASA. We shot a music video there about a year ago and I got special permission to bring you there, but now it's kind of ruined."

  "Ruined?" I asked. "Ruined!? Are you kidding? Harry, we're going to NASA! Oh my gosh, I'm going to NASA. You're crazy! I could kiss you right now!"

  "You should." Harry chuckled sheepishly. Without even giving it much thought, I grabbed his face and kissed him. He stumbled backwards, not expecting it, and laughed as he kissed me back with equally as much passion. It wasn't one of those sensual, romantic kisses; it was one of those spur-of-the-moment kisses when you are so overwhelmed with happiness that it's the only thing you can think to do.

  "This is crazy. I'm going to NASA." I repeated. "This is so much better than Air & Space! Do you think they'll let us in a real aircraft? Do you think we'll get to meet one of the astronauts?" I babbled on and on, giddy with excitement.

  "I'm sure you'll get to do all that and more." Harry promised, kissing my forehead. "I just want to see you happy and I knew that this would make you happy. I'm sorry that the surprise factor didn't work out, although I think I'm glad you know now so that you can calm down in time for when we actually arrive." 

  "Thank you, thank you, thank you." I smiled, throwing my arms around him in a tight embrace. He hugged me back, his long hair tickling my face. His hugs were truly the best- he held you for such a long time and in an extremely comfortable and cozy position as well. "Seriously, I owe you one. Way more than one. Like, a billion."

  "You can start by letting me kiss you more often." Harry teased. "Then maybe one day you won't owe me anymore." 

  "Deal." I giggled. "You're a good kisser, anyways."

  "You're not so bad yourself. I was a bit surprised, actually, you're a lot better than I'd imagined. Not that I'd imagined that before... but, erm, yeah... I sort of did." Harry's face turned back into the pink shade that it was only moments prior.

  "Well now you can do it whenever you want, so you don't have to imagine." I teased.

  A few seconds went by before the space between our bodies was closed and we were kissing on the futon. I had completely forgotten about Cat and Gordon Ramsay- letting all my thoughts disappear at the first taste of his lips. He took it slower this time, wanting to let me know that this was more meaningful than some of the kisses that we had exchanged before. His rough hand traced the outline of my jaw back and forth as we laid on the futon, neither one of us letting go as we continued to make out.