thirty

After a day filled with swimming, tanning, and lots of kisses, we retreated from the deck to the inside of the yacht. My day had been absolutely perfect at it would go down in my mind as one of the best times with Harry. Out in the ocean with the wind blowing in your hair and the man you were falling for right beside you was the most amazing thing to experience.

Of course, Louis was with us as well. He swam for a while and then took a nap for the rest of the afternoon, so most of the day was just spent with Harry and I. The amount of times our lips had locked together were countless and the whole day was spent just enjoying each other's company. If someone would had told me that I would be at the ocean with the man I loved just a few short months ago, I would have laughed in their faces. But now, my life seemed picture perfect.

The sunset out on the yacht was something that was forever engraved in my mind. Seeing all the beautiful colors surrounding you and nothing but clear ocean in your field of view. Normally when I saw a picture of a beautiful sunset I would rush to grab my phone and snap a picture, but being out in the midst of it all like this made you want to just stand there and enjoy the moment.

"Almost as beautiful as you," Harry smiled. I was laying in between his legs on the deck. We were facing the sunset and would stay there until it went down and we were left in the darkness.

After the sun had gone down completely, we met Louis in the kitchen. He was eating a late snack and so we joined him, sitting around the table and enjoying each other's company. Louis admitted that he felt a bit homesick, but for his son. I wondered if someday I would feel that bond to a family member, because never in my life had I ever felt like that with someone I was related to.

"When did you first start to really bond with him?" I asked.

"From the moment I saw him." Louis admitted. "It's all a mental thing, I think. You see them for the first time and realize that is something that you've made, and it's kind of a beautiful thing."

"Even if you aren't with the mother?" I asked. "Sorry, that might have sounded rude."

"No, no worries." He smiled. "It makes it a bit complicated since we aren't together, but no matter what he is going to have two parents that love him. We have a love for each other, but it's a love that families have."

The moment was sincere and perfect. Harry dug out a card game that he had found in a storage closet and we played, gambling with food items that we had found in the pantry. By the end of it, I had won a grape that Harry had dropped on floor. We finished playing our game at around nine at night, and then we all decided that we were too exhausted to continue playing.

Cat, who was now not as afraid of the yacht as she previously was, had created a bond with Louis. She perched onto his lap as he rubbed her in between her ears and purred in content. Harry had snapped a photo of the two and then took a picture of me and the grape that I had one in our game.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring. I was a bit surprised that I had service on the yacht, but we weren't too far off of the shore. I looked at the caller I.D to see that it was my father and my heart plummeted. We hadn't done anything wrong, so it made no sense that he was contacting me. I debated on putting my phone on silent and ignoring him, but then the anticipation of wondering what he wanted would have killed me for the rest of the trip.

"I have to take this." I said. I walked out onto the deck, which was illuminated only by a few lights, and shut the door behind me for some privacy. I took a deep breath and hit the answer button, preparing myself for whatever he wanted to say.

"Mia," His voice said on the other end.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to sound as confident as possible, even though I completely was not.