twenty one

IM SO EXCITED FOR U TO READ THIS CHAPTER YES U SITTING THERE IM TALKING TO UUUUU

.

mia

.

  "What did he say?" I asked. 

  "He just mentioned speaking to you." Harry said angrily. "What the hell does he want? Why can't he just leave you alone?"

  "I don't know how to fix this." I ran my hands through my hair, flopping down on the big canopy bed in our suite. If I contacted Matthew it would be bad, if I didn't it would be bad. Any suggestions that my mind had created resulted in something bad. 

  "Does this mean that he didn't accept my offer?" Harry thought out loud. "I wonder if he got the money. Hold on, Mia, I have to make a phone call." Offer? Money? What the hell was Harry getting at? 

  Harry slid his phone out of his pocket and put it up to his ear, pacing back and forth in the large room. He muttered some words under his breath that wasn't audible for anyone unless they were close in range. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, a hardened look on his face.

  "Hello." It sounded like he was trying his hardest to stay calm. "This is Harry... yes, that's fine. Yes. I was calling to confirm that the Roden family and Matthew Miles had accepted my offer... yes. What do you mean negotiate? There isn't anything to negotiate!" He was yelling now.

  Cat jumped up onto the bed and pawed her way through the thick comforter to curl up in my lap. Ideas were swirling through my mind of what in the world Harry could have possibly been talking about, but I decided that I wasn't going to get angry until I had heard the full story.

  "Ask them what they would like to negotiate, don't say yes to anything. I'll contact again within the next twenty four hours... until then, let them know that they should not contact or the deal is off. Thank you." As quickly as the conversation had begun, it had ended.

  "What the hell?" I asked. 

  "Mia, I have to explain." Harry sighed. "I didn't want to have to tell you, but-"

  "You can't keep something like this from me!" I argued. "You're in contact with my family and you didn't tell me about it? Is there anything else that I should know!?"

  "Listen, please." Harry pleaded. "It was the night you were complaining about how Matthew was going to the press about you and I could see how bothered you were by it. I made a phone call to my management team to get them to back off from you. I was doing it for your benefit, swear." 

  "I appreciate the offer, but you should never have done that without telling me." I stopped, trying to calm myself down. "You should know now that you can't just buy them off like that and expect them to be gone. They are rich and powerful and if you decide to play the money game with them, it won't be pretty."

  "My intentions were good." Harry reminded me. "I was thinking on a whim and trying to do it while you were in the shower so you-"

  "So I wouldn't know?" I asked. "Oh, come on! I know that you want to help me out, but not telling me isn't helping anything! I'm in a bad situation right now and to you I might look completely helpless but you can't fight my own battles for me, Harry." 

  "I understand." Harry pursed his lips. 

  The room was silent. Cat continued to rub against me, trying to get some attention. The last thing I wanted to do was completely blow up to Harry for keeping something like this from me, so I said nothing for fear that if I did, the situation would get worse. Fighting with Harry wasn't going to solve my problems and what's done was done.