ten

*** EVERYONE GO LOOK AT THE BEAUTIFUL TRAILER MADE BY xBeautyRisesx BECAUSE I LOVE IT SO MUCH YOU GUYS AH OMG

.

.

quick little note before the chapter:

  I know that this is purely a work of fiction, but stuff like forced marriages happen ALL THE TIME. It may not be happening particularly in your culture or where you live, but there are certainly places around the world where girls (sometimes 12 or even younger) are forced into marriages by their families (to men that are usually older than them by a lot, which is disgusting).

  One reason that I wanted to write this book was to make the public more aware about things like this. In the West Midlands and countries like India, forced marriages happen all the time and I think that it is so wrong. And I understand that this is just a fiction story and that it doesn't deal with things nearly as awful as that, but if I could just make one more person aware about those things that go on, I'm still making an impact.

  You're probably wondering "well what could I even do to help people who are victims of this if they live so far away"- there is SO much that you can do. There are many, many organizations out there to help victims of forced marriages and even by donating just a little bit you are helping out. You can also just share what it is to the community around you so that other people will take action as well.

  It may not be happening where you are, but it IS happening somewhere and you can help to make a difference.

  ALSO before I start the chapter: alcohol and drug abuse is in it so read with caution.

  Enjoy!

  -del

.

.

harry

.

  We had spent a few more hours on the beach. Mia went back to our spot and took a nap while I boogie boarded in the small waves until a crab bit my big toe. I hobbled back to our towels and gushed about it to Mia, who was half asleep, but responding to me nonetheless.  

  After my crab incident, we decided to call it a day and head back to the RV to get ready (although Mia just fell right back asleep on the couch and I had to wake her up again). I felt slightly nervous for David's party- I wasn't very into the party scene and I didn't want anything bad to happen when Mia was in my company. She had gone through too much in the past couple weeks.

  I buttoned up my red shirt as I looked at myself in my bedroom mirror. My hair had pretty much air dried and hung in loose waves just above my shoulders and I had to admit to myself, I looked pretty snazzy. 

  "Are you ready?" I called out to Mia, who was in the living room. The last thing I wanted to do was barge in the room while she was naked. 

  "Yeah, I'm good!" I heard her shout back. I opened the door to see her hobbling up and down as she tried to put on heels. She was wearing the dress that I had picked out for her and she looked so beautiful that I found it impossible not to just watch her. 

  "Heels are impossible." She huffed. "I give up, I'll go barefoot." 

  "Get yourself a pair of boots like mine." I suggested. "They're very comfortable."

  "I'll just wear flats, I don't even care anymore." Mia finally decided. I chuckled at her and made my way to the front of the bus. We had about a five minute drive to David's house and we were already late.