five

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

Verena and Gar were woken up by Rita, Cliff and Larry. Verena's powers still reduced.

They followed Dick, Kory and Rachel out of the house and when Rena noticed two bags in Rita's hand. Verena started to tear up at her, "Go. Go with them." Cliff had said to the teens, "Go have a life." He says, Verena's hair started to float gently off her back, only happens when she was extremely sad about something. Rita pulled her in a hug, "It's okay, Rena. We'll be fine. You'll be fine." She whispered in her ear.

"Rita..." Verena started to say to her but Rita had hushed her, wiping her tears away, but more just kept coming down. "Um, maybe you guys can come." Gar suggested, also feeling a tug in his chest, "I mean, you don't have to hide anymore." He stated to them, "Yea, come with us. Please." Rena whispered the last part to them, "It is what it is, kids." Cliff sighed, looking at the both of them.

"But you two..." Rita sniffled, handing them their bags, "You can have more than us." She bits of a sad smile, Gar and Connie hugs them, Rena hugging them tightly, not ready to let go. "Please, don't forget about us." Verena smiled and wiped her tears and Gar took Rena's hand, she held it tightly before walking off to where the rest of them were. Verena looked back one last time to her forever family before getting in the car.

《✩》

The car pulled up to a dirty, thrashed, shabby motel. The parking was empty, only one or two cars parked.

"I still can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a minivan." Gar complained to Dick as Verena nodded, looking at the place. He sighed at the comment, "At least we can all fit in." He tells Gar who just rolled his eyes. "I like the van." Kory added, "We're not actually staying here, are we?" Rachel asked Dick, looking at the building.

"Yeah, this place gives me the creeps. And plus, it's a motel." Verena looked over to Dick and then back to the window. Kory looked back at the teens, "You know, there's probably a nicer place down the road." She suggested to Dick, tugging a smirk on her lips. Dick glanced at all four of them before saying, "We're being hunted by sociopaths. Nicer places draw attention."

Rena quirked a eyebrow, "Sociopaths?" She looked at Gar who also had the same question as her. "Well they also make it easier to sleep." She stated to Dick, trying to get her point across. Dick  peered out the window, pointing a finger. "One road in, same road out. Only one point of access we have to watch. And also, it's quiet." He explains to them, everyone sighs at him. Verena definitely did not sign up for this.

"If trouble comes our way, we should be able to hear it first." He unbuckled himself before turning around with a grin, "And who said anything about sleeping?" He got out the car before closing the door shut and walking up to the motel. "Now I see why his name is Dick. He's a dick." Rena huffed annoyed and Kory chuckled a little bit at the girls comment.

"Come on." The group of four got out the van, Dick holding four keys to bedrooms. "Dick, there's five of us." Gar had said to him. Dick's face was blank, "There the closest to each other. So, who's sharing a room?" He asked the group of people. "I'll share with Gar. Most comfortable with him." Gar eyes widened while Verena was unimpressed. Dick and Kory look at each other, both raising eyebrows.

Dick handed them a room key before passing the other two to Kory and Rachel. "I'm telling you right now Gar, wake up me up for a stupid reason and I'm sending you to the depths of hell." Verena looked at the boy who gulped, and she laughed at him. "I'm joking. I would never do that." His face got a look of relief on it, "But seriously, if you do that I'm kicking you out." She lastly said before walking off with the key in hand, Gar following right behind her.

《✩》

The five people resided in Dick's room. Verena sitting in on of the white chairs, Gar standing besides her.

"All right guys, listen up," Dick had thrown his keys on the nearby table, "We're all in one piece, more or less." He started to explain as Verena picked at her nails, taking small glances outside. It was gloomy, rainy and grey clouds had covered the blue skies, a perfect day. "We need to figure out where we stand and determine what's mission critical." Dick continued to say,

"Mission critical?" Rachel took another bite of the cheese pizza that she was holding her in hand, "We're on a mission?" Rena piped in the conversation, taking another swig of coke. "Is that a cop thing? Sounds like a cop thing." Gar joked, getting a slice of pizza out of the greasy box. Dick sighed, putting his hands in his pockets. "I had some combat training when I was younger." He had stated to them, Rachel peered over her shoulder, "And he's a cop."

"I'm sorry," Kory stepped in, "You were referring to we?" She asked him, playing with the rings on her fingers. "We as of right now are a group of people who share a common enemy."

"Which makes us what?" Kory raised a eyebrow at him, the man had looked at the three teens before turning back to Kory. "Let's call it an alliance. One born of mutual need." He said to them. "And what is that?" Kory had asked another question. "To stay alive," Dick answers, "We have no idea how long until they find us."

Both Verena and Gar glanced at each other, "You just said they." Gar spoke up, "Who are they? Or what? And what do they want?" Verena sat up straight in her seat and looked at Dick for a answer. Rachel sighed. "We don't know who they are, but they want me." The young girl had looked at the other teens. "It's because of her..." Dick hesitated before sighing, "abilities."

"They make violence look like an art form."

"The people that attacked us fought in unison. They were perfectly coordinated, we're not." Dick explained, "We can't fight like that unless we learn each other's moves." Rena mentally sighed, she did have a little bit of training from her past, but not much. "And how do you suggest we do that?" Kory asked him, "We stick together and we train."

《✩》

They were in a old barn house. Cobwebs and dust were in the air as the floor was dirty and had hay on it.

"Okay," Dick had started off, "In order to work together, fight and defend yourselves like a coordinated team, we gotta see what each other can do. Any volunteers?" Verena had shyly raised her hand and everyone turned towards her. "Gar said that you can manipulate sound and magic, is that correct?" Verena had nodded, stepping up to the center of the cold barn.

She shook of any nervousness that she had in her body, taking a deep breath in and out, she had felt the nice warm flow in her body, the four watched in amazement as she lifted herself in the air, a translucent aura was around her, and it felt almost good to use her powers where she would have to be afraid. Dick had watched in amazement as he backed away a little bit, Verena had slowly opened her eyes before quickly turning around and shooting a shockblast aiming to the two stacked hay bails,

That erupted into a explosion, everyone had backed up as different pieces of things had went into the air and fell back down again. The young girl had turned around to see that everyone jaw was dropped, even Gar was amazed. "Sorry..." Verena rubbed the back of her neck, noticing the mess that she had made. "I didn't mean to scare you. " Dick looked at her confused,

"Trust me, you didn't. Now, about your magic."