seven

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

Verena was reading a book while Gar was brushing his teeth in the small bathroom. A sudden this came from outside their room.

"What was that?" Gar asked, toothpaste on the side of his mouth as Verena shrugged her shoulders as she went to open the door. To her surprise, Kory was struggling against two teens, "Kory!" Verena had yelled and Rachel had came to see what all the noise was about, Gar had ran outside the room, Kory had glanced at all three of them, "Get them out of here!" She struggled to say but Gar got the message quick.

Gar had grabbed both of the girls hands, running out the motel and outside to the parking lot, where fortunately Kory had made it out, and in one piece too. "Where's Dick?" Rachel looked around for him, they're chatter was cut off short as a family of four had came out from the shadows. "Kory." "Fuck, stand back." The older women had stood in front of them in a defensive pose,

"Get behind me." They we're almost like they were cornered, two children and two adults. Each had a weapon in their hands and menacing looks on their faces. "It's time to burn, assholes." Kory had mumbled as she went to use her powers, but no luck, her hands flickering as the sun wasn't up in the sky. "Fucking night!" She grunts as she went to the man, him already a step ahead as he ripped a door from a car, pushing back Kory, hard enough for her to fall back into another car.

A small capsule had been thrown in the parking lot, smoke coming out of it has Rena coughed and tried to see through it, the father had screamed as if something or someone had attacked him and another capsule sent out the same smoke, only thicker this time. There stood in front of the teens, a man in a suit. "Dick?" Rachel couldn't exactly see his face clearly. "That's Robin." Gar was wide eyed as he started to fight the family, and he looked like he needed help.

Verena had quickly ran up behind the red headed teenage girl, swiftly kicking her from under her feet as she yelped. Verena had telekinetically broke one of her fingers, but that didn't seem to stop the girl as she snapped her fingers right back in place, Verena had looked at her confused before the girl attacked her, cutting her lip and doing a eagle claw right into her scar in her right leg, Rena grunted in pain as where that scar wasn't fully healed yet.

Her hands and hair became a bright sliver, she had quickly got up, despite the burning pain as she brought her hands together and clapped them, bringing out a sound shockwave that had forcefully took down the girl with a hard bang. Her hair started to turn back to her normal black, as she, Dick, Kory and Rachel look at the family they have just defeated.

《✩》

Verena, Gar and Rachel sat in front of the two teens tied up to the chair, all of them angrily glaring at them.

"Why are you and your weird family trying to kill me?" Rachel hissed at them, the boy had put on a creepy grin, making Verena uneasy, she had two sharp objects directed at the two teens neck, ready to attack if they managed to do something. "You should come with us." He had calmly stated, looking at Rachel, "Seriously." The girl on the other hand, not so much, "It's be better for everyone."

"Not a chance, psychopaths. Rachel just going anywhere near you or your weird family." Rena sneered at them, "If not, we're all going to be in trouble." The two siblings looked at each other, "You don't wanna be in trouble." The boy had said to Rachel, "No, you do not." The girl added. Gar, Rachel and Verena share looks of confusion of what they were saying. "Stay here." Rachel had said to Gar and Verena as she walked out.

"You know," The girl had started to say, looking back at Verena, "They would love you too." Connie had a chill go down here spin, and that made her uncomfortable, "What do you mean?" She carefully got up and glared at the two siblings, Gar by her side, arms crossed. "You'd make a great addition too the team. You'd make a killer weapon." The boy had smirked, seeing as Connie was starting to heat up. "I will fucking burn you—" Verena had started to say,

"—Rena, let's go." Gar had dragged her away from the teens, slamming the door behind them as they walked outside to where Dick and Rachel were talking. "So, uh, Batman..." Gar chuckled at Dick, "You know him?" Verena puts on a smile, now interested in the topic, "Of course he knows Batman." Rachel had told the two teens with a smirk, Gar moved back and fourth of his feet, clearly trying to contain the excitement.

"Are we gonna see him? I really like to meet Batman." Verena rolled her eyes playfully as she knew Gar had liked superhero comics and shows, and his biggest was Batman. Dick had only grinned at the young boy, "No, you're not." He shut down Gar, making Verena stifle a laugh as Gar frowned, "One day, buddy." She patted his shoulder. Kory had walked out, "Any luck?"

Dick had opened the car door, "I'm gonna find out who's running this freak show." Verena looked down, she didn't know why she was sad or offended by those two words, but it just pained her heart, "Yeah. I'll come with you." Kory had said, looking up at Dick, who glanced at the teens who stood behind her. "They'll kill any cops who try to handle them." He stated to the woman, who was confident.

"Oh, I know what to do with them, all right." She spoke confidently to Dick, and Dick raised his eyebrows, "Kory, no killing. Please. There's been enough." He reasoned with her, a chill went down Verena's spine, the thought of killing somebody didn't sit right with her, even if it was bad people. "I thought we weren't splitting up." Rachel looked at Dick, "I'm coming back," He told her, "I promise." Rachel nodded in response.

"Keep them safe."

"Of course."

     [okay, this was a poorly written chapter and I hated it. the scenes moving to fast and the lack of detail is....]