eighteen

( DINVER )

( DINVER )

"Why don't we find this guy and neutralize him?" Kory had asked the group, Verena paying close attention to their conversation and Donna scoffs. "It's not that easy. We barley survived his last attack." And that was true, Verena had walked down the hallways one night to see Dawn stitching up Hank. He looked like he got burned. "Look," Hank's voice had came into mix, "Jason's is hurt, alone, scared. And I..." He stops for moment, "We all know what that feels like." Verena silently agreed with him in her head.

She absolutely knew how it felt. And she dreaded it. "Bottom line is, he's one of us and she's not." Verena glanced over to Rose, who almost looked offended at what he said. But he was right, she wasn't one of them, not officially yet at least. "So handing her over, if it saves his life, I don't know about you, but I can sleep a little better at night knowing I did the right thing!" He ranted towards his fellow group members.

Everyone stayed silent, unsure of what to say until Kory spoke up. "You good with this, Grayson?" She asks him, tone was stern. He says nothing, "Just give me a second." . "Don't listen to him. They are just upset." Rachel had tried to reassure Rose, "Rachel's right, it's just talk." Gar agrees, "Yeah, they don't know for sure what they're gonna do." Verena shrugged at her and she rolls her eyes. "Quiet. I want to hear." Her arms were crossed and eyes glazing over at the screen, waiting for them to say more.

"She's just a kid." Dawn had tried to reason with them, "Deathstrokes kid. Let's be honest. The further away from us she gets, the safer she's gonna be." Donna admits to Dawn, who couldn't believe what she was hearing. "If we leave her out there alone, Deathstroke will hunt her down." Dawn gives and explanation, trying her best to convince them not to leave her out there. "Or worse, we lose leverage over Deathstroke once she's finds out she's in the wind." Dick had recalled, Dove just scoffs at her friends.

Verena had sighed, seeing as Rose was still watching, but, she wasn't there. "Oh, shit." She huffed as she quickly got up, running down the hallways to catch up to her. She swiftly turned a corner where she found Rose running down the hallway, "Going somewhere?" She called out to Rose, who was desperate to get out. "Get out of my way Verena!" Rose snapped at her, running towards her with a punch. Verena gasps, quickly catching her fist, and twisting her arm to where she would fall down on her back.

Rose had got up, kicking at her stomach and Verena had groaned, but got into her stance quickly as she swifts her leg under hers, going into a backflip, kicking Rose right in the nose. "Shit!" Rose wiped her nose as she starts to run away, Verena had smirked as she touched her bruised lip, she had let out a shriek from her core, the sound waves echoing towards Rose, her powerful scream hitting Rose in the back, making her fall into the wall of the tower.

Sweat was forming on her forehead, she had saw a little crack in the wall from where Rose had fell, she guess her shriek didn't just hit her. Rose had quickly got up, running away. She had ran towards where the entrance of the titans tower was, "Rose!" Rachel gasped as everyone approached her. Seeing Rose's body on the ground, bones broken. Rachel had looked at them, and she looked like she was about to burst into tears. She turned back before running towards her room, Kory going after her.

"Holy shit." Verena had looked at her body as Dawn made her way towards Rose, checking her pulse. She turned back with a shocked expression, "She's alive." The sudden noise of bones cracking had caught their attention, Rose's body jolting make Dawn fearfully back away quickly as everyone watched the sight. It was a terrifying sight to see, the way her hand was twisted back into place, her ankle returning back to its normal state, her neck snapping back, her fingers all getting unbroken.

Her body had stopped cracking and she gasps as she opens her eyes before closing them again. "Get her into the medical room." Dick had instructed them quickly, Verena had lifted her up, purple mist going around Rose's body as they lead her into the medical room, carefully placing her down on the bed.

《✩》

The group was huddle in the kitchen, thinking about their next moves. "Hank was right. You were all right. Jason needs us. We just can't stand here and do nothing." Dick explains to them, Verena was sitting next to Gar, her head resting on his shoulders. "Deathstroke wants to make a trade, we make a trade." Everyone was on edge these past couple of days. Verena still being haunted by the guilt of Jason's kidnapping, even though it wasn't her fault directly.

"We can't hand over Rose." Hank tells them truthfully, "No, we can't. We won't. But I have an idea." Dick smirked at the team, who all was listening closely. "Verena, you, Gar and Rachel stay here with Rose. Protect the tower. I'll contact Deathstroke." Verena had nodded at him, the three teens had made their way over to where Rose was, Gar transformed into his tiger form as Rachel standing in the left far hallway and Verena outside of the door where Rose was staying in.

It was a couple of minutes since the plan has been diverted. Verena glanced over at Gar who was still awake, but he was tired. She could feel it and see it in his eyes. She hoped the plan work and everyone would come back safely. "This is absurd." She whispers over to Gar, who lifted his head. "I mean with, Jason, Dr.Light, Rose, Deathstroke...it's all been a blur." She admits to him, she couldn't tell what he was thinking right now, but she could tell for the most part that he was listening and understands her.

He just purrs in understanding to Rena. "It's just, everyone's so stressed. I can feel all of it." She sadly sighed, "And, it's overwhelming. Least to say." She slides down the wall, sitting on the floor. Gar stood up and walked over to her, placing his furry head on her lap. He purrs as she started to pet him. "And, I've been having something to say, but I don't know how to say it."she admits sadly to Gar. And he licked her hand gently, "Thanks, Gar." She had smiled to him and she felt that he was also content.

She honestly missed moments like these. Just spending time with Gar, taking to him whenever, being in presence. She loved every second of it. She puts on a soft smile, she wouldn't admit it, but, her feelings spurring up for Gar was getting stronger everyday. She felt her connection getting stronger with him everyday. But she couldn't admit them, she was too scared too. Scared to mess up their friendship of over four years. The night was slow, nothing happened yet. No calls, no text, no nothing.

She sighed as she yawed, getting tired. But she couldn't fall asleep on duty. Plus, she'll be awoken at the right time. Enhanced hearing was a blessing, least to say. Hearing the smallest of things helped. And even hearing things and people from far away. Verena sighed, resting her head against the wall, still patting Gar's head.

《✩》

[ we got some cute gar and rena moments, and we even got rena using her powerful shriek!]