tweleve

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

Verena was helped by Dick and Gar up to her feet. "What happened?" Dick looks at a scared Rachel and Angela, who walks past Kory. "She tried to kill my daughter." Angela spat, rubbing Rachel's back. Verena felt her pendant still on, a sigh of relief came out her mouth. It was the last thing her mother gave her before she disappeared.

"I was trying to help Kory get her memory back." Rachel's voice was hoarse and had a little raspy tone to it. "I must have done something wrong." She looks at Kory's unconscious body, sadly frowning. "No," Angela had stated to reassure her daughter, "None of this is your fault." Gar had glanced at the lasso that the lady was holding. "You're her, aren't you?" Gar had grinned over to the lady, "I'm an old friend of Dick's." She replies to him, eyes still focused on Kory.

Gar could only chuckle in excitement. "You're Wonder Girl." She looks at him sympathetically, "I was." The groans of Kory catches everyone attention on her. She looked around, carefully getting up, pushing the floorboards off her body as she was unclear what had happened. "What's going on?" Everyone looked at her like she was crazy. "You tried to kill Rachel." Dick confronted her and she furrowed her eyebrows at what he said. "Then choked me and Gar." Verena crossed her arms at the lady, clearly a little bit angry at her.

Kory had glanced over to Rachel, seeing her bruised neck. "What? No, I would never do that." She had stood up, stumbling a bit as she does so, "I want this woman out of my house." Angela demanded harshly, as Kory went to touch Rachel, only for her to back up fearfully. "I have to go." Kory had walked out the house as Rachel started sob. Verena had pulled Rachel into a loving hug as she looked over to Gar with sad eyes.

《✩》

Verena had looked at the now forming bruise on her neck. She sighed as she walked out the bathroom, turning off the lights as she felt uncomfortable. There was something off about this house after the whole fiasco with Kory went down. She couldn't describe it, but it felt like something was watching her every move. She decided to brush it off, not wanting to worry anyone.

She had went downstairs to find some hot soup on the table made by Angela. "Hot soup if you want some." She had sent a soft smile at her and she sat down at the wooden table, Gar and Rachel had also came in, seeing as it was now awkward between the three. Verena silently ate her soup, Rachel not even touching her bowl. Gar sighed, "You gotta eat." He finally broke the silence. Something was on Rachel's mind, Verena could sense that she was sad.

"I'm not hungry." Rachel had answered, playing with the spoon, "Rachel...somethings bothering you." Verena had looked at her with sad eyes. Showing clear concern for her friend. "Rachel." Gar had dropped his spoon, making some of the soup splatter on the table. "I must have done something wrong to Kory." Verena sighed at her, they tried to remind her that it wasn't her fault. "Scrambled her brain or drove her mad. I shouldn't have done it. I only made things worse."

"Rachel, something in her memories caused her to do that, not you." Verena tried her best to reassure her best friend, hopes still in the high. "Even if you did do something, which I don't think you did," Gar started off to say, "it was an accident. Dick and Wonder Girl are gonna figure it all out. They'll help Kory and bring her back." Verena agreed with him, trying to stay positive. Rachel could only look at them in dissatisfaction.

Rachel let out a breath, "You guys cant stay here." Verena furrowed her eyebrows, "What?" Verena asked and looked at her. Gar almost looked offended at her, "Everybody I get close to, if they stay around me long enough, they get hurt." Verena didn't know what all this coming from, but she felt sadden. The radio had started playing out little bits of static. "That's not true." Gar nervously chuckled, "Bad things happen to people around me." Rachel voice started to crack,

Gar had tried to touch her hand, "Don't touch me!" She yelled at him, a new person jumping out, making Verena flinch and her getting up from the table. She never seen Rachel snap on one of them. She had resided in one of the near rooms she was staying in, hers right next to Rachel's. She suddenly got the chills like someone was watching her. She glanced out the window, seeing as someone in familiar black and gray clothes standing behind some trees, she gasps as she ran towards the bathroom.

Locking the door behind her, tears started welling in her eyes as she looked in the bathroom, horrified of what she saw in the reflection. Blood dripping down her left side of her face, her eyes dilated, she gripped the sides of the sink tightly, the lights flickering. A sudden knock came from the door, "Yes?" She shouted, sounding angry, "You okay?" Rachel's soft voice came from behind the door. Verena looked back up again, her now reflection being normal. "Yeah, I'm fine." She lied.

《✩》

Verena had threw the tissue away as she was about to head to sleep, she had minor headache and her nose had a little nosebleed a few minutes ago. She heard a thud coming from Gar's room. "Gar?" She stepped inside, not seeing him. She had creeped over to where the bathroom was and she let out a bloody scream, shattering the two lamps that in his room.

"Angela! Rachel!" She was starting to panic, she held his had tightly as she placed his head in her lap. Angela and Rachel came in, blood was oozing out of his nose as his body twitches. "What happened?" Rachel looks at Verena, how just had tears filling her eyes. "I-I don't know. I just found him like this." A knock came from downstairs, "Stay here with Gar. I'll go check." Angela had told the teens, she went to go check who was at the door.

Verena whimpers as more blood comes out of Gar. "Gar! Shit, fuck!" Verena wipes his nose, unable to stop the bleeding. "Mom! We can't stop the bleeding!" Rachel had yelled from upstairs, Verena had felt a little lightheaded. Rachel had looked over to friend, eyes going wide. "Verena...your nose!" Rena had touched her nose, feeling the thick substance of blood on her index finger. "Rachel..." Verena eyesight was getting dizzy as she felt a heavy weight on her head. Angela had came back, saying as her friend had went went town to get a doctor. "I know way."

[chapter was horrible, ew.]