twenty seven

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

The Wayne Manor was depressed least to say. Everyone was on the edge. Everytime Verena would walk around the house, there would always be a sad tune lingering around her, her aura was clear and dark blue instead of the usual lavender. She was still in shock, her hair was a mess and red eyes were puffy. The house was awkward. Everyone was grieving in different ways. Dawn had packed up and left to Paris. "Verena?" Gar had knocked on her door softly, hoping for her to answer.

Her door creaked opened just a little bit, but Gar could see the girl laying in bed, covered up by her huge black furry blanket, blinds close, although her room was still clean, despite the feeling she was going through. Her back was turned and she was still. Gar had quietly came in, immediately rushing to Verena's side in bed. She didn't say a word, "Rena, please talk to me." Gar had whispered in her ear, Verena couldn't hold it im anymore.

She turned into Gar's chest and started crying out to him, which came to his surprised, but he immediately started whispering sweet nothings into her ears and rubbing in her back to comfort her. "I'm sorry I've been distant. I just needed time to myself." She had cried into his chest, making his break a little bit. He has never seen her a mess like this before, and it broke him on the inside. "It's okay, I understand. You have nothing to be sorry for." His voice was nothing but sweet and understanding, Verena had looked up at him.

Even when her eyes were puffy, cheeks tinted red a little, a stream of rivers coming down her face, hair sticking out of place, Gar still thought she was the prettiest thing walking this planet. "Are you sure? I've been feeling like I've been cold to you." She frowned at him, waiting for a response, he just kissed her forehead. "We're grieving in different ways, love. And if that's your way to, then I have to be okay with it. But I'm always here to talk." Gar had told her, and that made Verena wanted to cry even more.

She knew she couldn't hold in, she would snap. She was honestly grateful that she had family by her side to help her and each other. She didn't know what would happen if she didn't. Her sniffles filled her room, Gar had an idea that would cheer her up, "Hey, you wanna watch marvel movies and eat your favorite ice cream? Blue moon?" He suggested to Rena, who just nodded, he chuckled, "Come on, let's go in my room." They had gotten up and left Verena's room and made their way to Gar's where he already had a movie on and ice cream in bowls.

《✩》

Gar had took the freshly baked pizza out of the oven. Except, it was vegan pizza. Verena thought it was disgusting. "What? It's so good! And cauliflower is good for you." Gar wiggled his eyebrows at her and got a pizza cutter, and started to cut the pizza into nice slices.

"I don't know how you can put that in your body." Verena stuck out her tongue, laying her head down while watching him cut the pizza. Some heels clicked on the floor and Kory had came in the kitchen, "Hey, Kory.  Made some pizza, you want some?" Gar glanced at her, "It's vegan, don't eat it." Rena giggled and sat up straight in her chair. Kory had this weird look on her face, "Kory, are you-" Rena had noticed before Kory's hand glowed a bright orange as she blast a fireball, at Gar, and Verena immediately put a protective barrier between them, blocking her hit.