twenty nine

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

"You never stood up for me. I am your sister." Blackfire stood up from her bed, she was but taller than Kory, probably by three inches. Kory slowly approached the woman, yet still keeping a safe distance from her. "You hurt people. You deserve to be in there." Blackfire narrowed her eyes at her sister's words, clearly feeling angered and held resentment towards her. And Verena could feel it, since she did have the power of empathy after all.

"I knew you'd say that. You pretend to be above it all. But you love getting even." They had started to walk in circles, looking at each other, waiting for one of them to strike first. Verena crossed her arms and had a look of concern written on her face about what was going to happen next. "Like with Faddei. He broke your heart all those years ago, didn't he?" Blackfire fake pouted at her sister, not showing any signs of sympathy for her.

That made Rena a bit sick to her stomach. The taller woman smirked at her sister. "I bet that so-called mercy kill was easy for you." Kory could only look at her with hatred in her eyes. And before Blackfire could say anything else, Kory grabbed her and pushed her against the wall as they started to fight, making Verena peek up immediately. "No, no. You need to do something or she's gonna blow up Blackfire." Gar tells the man, "Yeah, and if she burns up Blackfire then she might burn the whole place down!" Verena added on in agreement.

"Don't worry. There's security provisions in the cell they've reduced Starfire's power to nearly zero." The grunts and yells from the cell was getting louder as it transmitted through the speakers. Kory slapped Blackfire and in return, Blackfire knees her stomach. Verena and Gar winced at the sight, but they could only trust that the fight wouldn't be too extreme. It was an intense fight as Kory knocked down Blackfire, her whole body hitting the floor with a huge thud.

Kory sighed, "I'm gonna leave you in here, let justice run its course. Kind open up." Kind pushes the green button again the red light comes back on and the door opens, Kory stepping out. Blackfire slowly gets up, glaring at Kory. "You're exactly what I thought you always were. Disloyal. A hypocrite. I deserve the sister who would fight for me." Her tone was getting louder by the minute, and the vibrations in her voice was bouncing off the walls at a rapid speed, Verena could hear it.

"Everything I ever did was because I never had that. I am who I and because of you. Koriand'r." She seethed as Kory looked down at her. Her emotions in a deep confusion. She sighed before walking off, and Verena followed her. "Hey, are...are you okay?" She asked with a frown. "Yeah, it's just....shes just so angry." Kory looked at Rena with the same expression. "Yeah, that much is pretty obvious. What are you gonna do?"

Kory only sighed at the question and shrugged. "I don't know. It's complicated and im in a tough spot." Verena could only nod her head, "Well, me and Gar will be waiting okay?" She hugged Kory and the woman sent a small smile, rubbing her back as Verena went back to Gar and Kind. "So?" Gar asked his girlfriend. "She's a tough spot. It's complicated right now." She sighed and so did Gar.

《✩》

Kory, Gar, Rena and Kind all sat in the operating room, complementing on what to do. "You know, I can't say how much of a privilege it's been to have you here, Starfire. And rest assured that your sister will stay here until she's no longer a threat to Tamarsn, or to earth." Kind sounded a bit too happy about the situation at hand. Verena was sitting on Gar's lap while one of his arms were snaked around her waist.

"But you said her powers are gone." Gar stated, "Yeah, they are. If she was ever released, I mean...there's just no guarantee that her powers won't be somehow restored." Kind nervously chuckled, "So, let her out, and there's a 50/50 percent chance her powers come back. How great." Verena played with the ends of her hair. "So you intend to keep her here until she dies?" Kory comes in on the conversation, Kind looks down before adverting his gaze back to hers.

"Yeah. Absolutely." He says confidently, without a care in the world. "But that could be hundreds of years from now." Kory added in, which was true. Aliens like her and Kory lived longer than the average mutant or human. And play, Rena was immortal, so she couldn't truly die even if she wanted too.

But kind already had a solution for that. "We've constructed her cell to make sure she stays contained with or without our oversight." Which did really sound like a long time. "She's gonna be here even after you guys are gone?" Gar questions, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. Kind smiled. "Yes, Blackfire will remain here and the world be safe from her." Kind lastly said before getting up and walking out to go do something. Gar and Verena turn towards Kory.

"Well, that sounds depressing." Verena mumbled quietly. "I know she's dangerous and all, but I know what it's like to locked up for years." She felt only a little bad for Blackfire. "Let's go. This is her karma." Kory stated and walked out, the teens quickly following behind her. As they inched closer to the hatch above, Gar spoken up.

《✩》

"Is this really the best case scenario? Blackfire behind bars for the rest of her life?" He inquired and Kory stopped her in tracks. "Just like the pit. Fuck. I don't think so. Come on." Kory had a change of heart and they started to walk back to the lab. "Hey, did you forget something?" Kind asked them, "Yeah, Blackfire." Kory simple said as she broke the code to the door, making the alarm beep.

"What are you doing?"

"You cannot take her. She's is our sole detainee." Kind walks in the cell, trying to persuade Kory into not taking her. "Put a vacancy sign out front. On your feet, let's go." Kory told Blackfire as Gar and Rena packed some of Blackfire's things, like amour for her arms. Maybe Gar cups spruce it up a little. Kory drags Blackfire out as they started to walk out. "This place stinks by the way!" Verena called out to Kind while holding Gar's hand.

He quickly ran out to where they were, stopping them. "Starfire, this is an egregious violation of a number of statutes, both federal and local." Kind was blabbering away, "Get out of our way." Kory warned him, but he refused to listen. God, this guy really wouldn't give up, wouldn't he? "I can't. Blackfire belongs to the US government."

Kory didn't seem to care. She walked up to him and was now face to face. "Get out of way...or I'm gonna burn your dick off." Kind's eyes widen at her threat and Verena smirked. She loved when Kory put people in their rightful places. "There's a strong chance that your fire bolts aren't at full power yet." His voice was bit shaken, he was trying to keep a confident demeanor. But it was hard under Kory's intense eyes.

"Do you wanna find out?" She asked, and Kind shook his head no immediately as she walked passed him, followed by Blackfire, Rena and Gar. "Get some vitamin D. You look like you need it." Verena patted his shoulder and faked a smile. Kory had blew up the hatch and they all gotten out as Gar started up the car. Kory sat in the front with Gar while Verena sat in the back with Blackfire.

"Your vehicle is filthy." Blackfire sniffed around and Kory sighed. "Oh boy." Both Gar and Rena say as Gar turned on the radio and "Oh Bondage! Up Yours!" Starts playing. This was gonna be a long car ride back to the house. Blackfire looks at Verena and then her pendant. "Nice necklace." She complimented, going to touch it and Verena swatted her hand away. "Ever do that again and I'll rupture your eardrums." The young girl threatened and continued to look forward.

Blackfire could only smirk a bit at her reaction.

"She's feisty. I like her."

[ can we talk abt how beautiful Blackfire is? ]