sixteen

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

Verena had made some coffee, black of course. Dick had took the mystery girl for a ride, she had poured the steamy, hot coffee into the mug; immediately taking a sip, the heat not burning her tongue. She's gotten so used to it over the years, it didn't phase her like normal people would react. She had walked to where Jason and Gar was, the titans cave to find out who the girl was. And Dick was back, and Rachel was there too.

" No way. Her dad is Deathstroke?" Verena was surprised, "Is that somebody you know?" Rachel glanced over at Dick who had a stern look on his face. "Kind of. Old titans business." He answers for her, "Check it. Former Delta Force Commando, part of H.I.V.E." Gar had started to read his files as Verena sips her steamy coffee while listening closely to Gar. "Select soldiers who underwent a series of experimental bio-enhancements," Verena almost dropped her cup, luckily nobody noticed, she sighed as she got flashbacks from the lab, but quickly shook those memories off.

"Huh. Out of the 35 trials subjects, the only one it survive was Slade Wilson." Gar pulls of the graphic pictures of people, one has their heads chopped off, blood splattered everywhere, it almost made Verena gag at them. She couldn't stand the sight of that much blood. It was just disgusting. "INTERPOL says he retired years ago after the death of his son, Jericho." Dick had turned off the computer, look still stern.

The alarm sounds and the security systems comes on, "Security alert. Main entrance." One of the monitors had showed Hank, Donna and Dawn outside with bags. "They're here!" Verena had happily smiled, going towards the entrance where they saw the three adults came in. "You guys have no idea how much this place misses you." Rachel had went to hug Dawn who just smiled. "I've missed you guys so much! Especially you!" Verena had practically knocked Hank down and he could only chuckle.

He patted her back, "She's a strong one." He whisper to Dawn who could only chuckle as Verena gave her hugs to Donna and Dawn. But one person wasn't there, "Where's Kory?" Rachel had asked the question that Verena was wondering the same. Donna pressed her lips, "She sorta vanished." Verena got a look of confusion, "What? What do you mean?" Verena frowned sadly at her, "She's not answering her phone." Rachel and Verena sigh at the news.

"Can you guys give us a minute please?" Dick had asked the teens, who nodded and went into a separate area in the tower. "What do you think they're gonna talk about?" Rena asked her friends, "Rose maybe?" Gar shrugged, "They'll figure out what to do with her." Jason adds in.

《✩》

"Ready?" Gar asks the group of blindfolded teens, wooden weapons in there hands, "Lets go." Rena had smirked as they all started to fight, Rachel had kicked Verena to where Jason was, and he swiftly caught her by the hips, "Thanks." She mumbled out before getting back up. Somehow the two pairs worked well together, Jason and Rena and Gar and Rachel. They quickly went back to fighting, all though Verena couldn't see, she could very much hear the smallest vibrations in the ground, which gave her the upper hand.

Both Verena's and Rachel's sparring weapons got knocked down out there hands, she grunted as she punched the ground, sending out a vibrations to find her weapon, and she grabbed it and quickly went back in the fight, Jason grunted, "Houston, we have contact!" He smirked as the other two took of there blindfolds. Rachel snatched hers off, angrily. The black mist had surrounded Rachel as she looked at Jason, eyes and gem glowing a bright Ruby red.

She growled as she lifted Jason up in the air, she looked over to where the real swords were, aiming them up to Jason, "Rachel!" Verena had echoed her name, and Rachel had gone back to normal, dropping Jason to the ground who was gasping for air. She had landed on her feet, Jason glaring at her, "You stay away from me, you fucking freak." Dick had approached in the room, sensing the tension in the air. "Everything okay?"

Verena could only sigh, putting back her we open in the rack. "No, it's not. Look, I don't like being left out of whatever plans you relics are cooking up out there, all right?" Verena could just scoff, Jason's always had a little temper and attitude in him, but now was not the time. With everything going on, it wasn't even relevant. Dick scoffs at the young boy, "You didn't miss anything. Gar. I need you." Dick had glanced over to him. "And what about me?" Jason asked, "Keep practicing." Was all he said before walking out with Gar.

Jason turns and look at Rachel, "You need to have that shit looked at. By, like, a fucking priest." He spat in her face, making Verena mad. "Hey! It's not her fault she can't control her new powers yet!" She says at him, "Oh yeah? Says the lab rat who—" Jason almost finished his sentence when Verena had growled, eyes shimmering a purple tone, pendant tuning black. Jason didn't want to admit it, but he was sometimes scared of Verena, he gulped as he backed down, walking back to his room furiously.

Verena had carefully did her breathing treatments and turned back to Rachel. "Don't listen to him, he's a cocky Robin who's afraid of people more powerful than him." She reassured Rachel who could only frown, but thanked her anyways.

《✩》

After that night, she had a headache. She didn't expect a little thing such as going off on Jason could do such a thing. She always hated how he thought he was above everyone in the tower, just because he was Batman's little sidekick. Or how cocky he was. The way he would blame people for his actions. It just irritated Verena. But besides the point, she wondered if Donna, Hank and Dove would settle in, even stay with them for a couple of weeks.

A knock had came from her door, and she knew it was Gar. Gar had came in quietly, seeing Rena looking better than how he found her, "How are you feeling?" He had sat down in a chair that was far from her, "I'm...better. I'm guessing Jason told you?" She puts on a soft smile at him, making his nerves tense out a little bit. He chuckled, "Yeah. He's pretty pissed." He tells her and she shrugged at the news.

"He shouldn't be. He's full of himself. And he should be thankful that I didn't go full enchantress on him." She yawned as she brushed her short brown hair, "It's getting tense around here, it's weird." Verena had glanced at him, "Thank god I'm not the only one who noticed that." She had sat down on the edge of her bed, "Between the old titans, Rose, Jason and Dr. Light, it seems like everyone is pushing away." Gar had frowned and Verena sensed his sadness and walked over to where he was.

"Hey, yeah, everyone got their own thing going on, but we're not pushing away. Especially me." She had smiled softly at her best friend, "You're always good with advice. Thanks, Verena." Gar had grinned at her, bunny teeth showing. It was silent, Verena had glanced at his lips, there was something that she wanted to tell him, and she felt like right now was the time too. "Hey, Gar—" She had started to say, until Dick's voice came into the mix.

"Lights out in ten." He spoke, footsteps retreating. Verena sighed as she angrily yelled inside, "What was it that you wanted to say?" Hat tinted to her and she thought of something quick. "Nothing important. Goodnight." She had faked a smile and he smiled genuinely. "Yeah, night." Gar had walked out her room, closing the door behind him. She finally lets out the breath she's been holding in, the weight of on her chest has never felt heavier.

[omg, we finally get a rena and gar moment. and Verena's "dark form" is inspired by nico minoru when she uses dark dimension magic]