twenty

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

Verena couldn't believe the words stringing out of Dick's mouth. The whole team was in the kitchen, taking in Dick's words. "And I lied to you , too. I told you Jericho was dead when I got to the church," He looks over to Hank, Dawn and Donna. Verena rubbed her temples, she had dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep. She had went to a headache to a migraine when she woke up.

Dick's been lying to them the whole time. Dawn, Donna and Hank looked the most disappointed in him, "But he wasn't. He was alive. He does trying to save me from his father." Dick mutters towards them, who was still processing the information. Rose looked fumed, Verena would be too if someone you thought you could trust had lied. "I'm sorry." A simple sorry wasn't going to fix the mess that has been made over the weeks. "You all deserve more." He looks down, ashamed in himself.

Verena gulped as she saw Hank walk towards him, and he was pissed. Hank looked at him before he threw a hard punch too Dick's face, Dawn quickly getting up to pull him back. Verena just frowned at the both of them. "You lying sack of shit!" He seethed at Dick, who had blood running down his nose. Donna had came into the mix, "How many fucking half truths have you told us?" Her tone was harsh as ever, "At least you got a half truth." Rachel adds in, "Telling the full truth would be better." Verena sighs at them.

Everyone was tense. Their emotions running wild. "My brothers dead because of you. I'm out." Rose had got up to leave, "Im going with her." Jason had also stood up, Verena could only look at him with blank eyes. "Jason, you—" , "—Look, you don't decide what I do anymore. What anybody does." He had lastly said, leaving with Rose. "I'm out, too." Donna says and Verena realized that they had finally hit rock bottom. "I'm going with Donna." Rachel tells, making Verena and Gar shocked. "Rachel, what?"

Rachel had sadly looked over to Verena, feeling guilty that they were about to leave. "I'm sorry, Rena, but maybe it's time for us to all move on." She explains to Verena who had tears welling in her eyes, "I cant stay here." Rachel had walked off to her room to go pack her things. "Let's go." Hank had held Dawn's hand, making Verena's heart break even more. Only her, Gar, Kory and Dick was in the kitchen now. Kory checks her phone, sighing as she started to walk away. "Kory?" Verena's voice started to falter and Kory frowns.

"I got a loose end to take care of. Sorry." She says to the girl who looked distraught, "You'll come back, right? Promise you'll come back." Verena held her hands tightly and Kory had some tears in her eyes, "I...I can't promise that, Rena." Verena starts to cry as she pulled Kory in a long hug. "Bye, Verena." Kory had rubbed her back before turning to leave. Gar and Dick watched as Verena had slowly turned to Dick. "Happy now?" She hissed at Dick who sighed at the young girl.

"Verena..." Dick had started go towards her and she hits his arm away. She had stormed away to her room, thunder boomed from outside, even though it was still day light outside. Verena slammed her door so hard that her wall hanging had fell down and the tower shook.

《✩》

The next four days has been weird. Everyone has left except Verena and Gar, who now had a naked guy down the hall with a dog. "Is he ever gonna wake up?" She yawns at Gar who just sighed, eye-bags now forming from his routine. "Time will tell." He sarcastically told her and she rolls her eyes. Things have been so weird and closed since everyone left. Dick hasn't called or came back. Kory hasn't been in touch with Verena.

Nobody has been in fact. "This sucks." Gar whispers to Verena who nods in agreement. "Hi." A voice spooks them to their core, they looked over to see the man down the hall, standing naked and with a smile in front of him. "Oh! Okay!" Verena had closed her eyes immediately, Gar laughs sheepishly. "Uh..your awake." Gar had only put on a nervous smile.

( ten minutes later )

Verena looked at the man, he was tall, buff, bright blue eyes. "So we pretty much have the entire place to ourselves." Gar had poured some more milk into the giant bowl of cereal that he was holding. "How did I get here?" He asks them, and they share looks. "Hold on, you don't remember anything? Not at all?" Verena asks him curiously, she genuinely wanted to know. "Just little bits and pieces. I remember feeling really sick, and hearing lots a voices, and then it felt like I was on fire," He replies to them,

Still chewing the cereal puffs, "and then...Is Eve here?" He asks Gar, "Who's Eve?" Verena chimed in, she missed a few things but was all ears. "She was. She helped you get better." Gar nervously chuckled at him. "What is this place?" Verena had took the chance to answer him, "This is the Titans Tower." She had smirked at him but he was confused. "Oh, okay...we're a team. Well, not officially, but we were." She shrugged off, "Gar?" She looked over for help to back her up.

Gar clears his throat, "The Titans are a group of people like you, basically. Heroes." Gar had tried to put it into simplicity, he just continues to eat his cereal. Verena sighed, at least hoping that he would come to terms. "I mean, you're Superman's son, right?" Gar happily grinned, "I'm Lex Luthor's." The boy had bluntly stated, "No one's perfect. But you did save Jason. He was falling from a building that probably none of us could've survived." Verena exclaimed towards him, "But then I got shot."

Verena just shrugged, "But then the titans saved you, and they brought you back here. That's what we do." Gar finished up, "Well, formerly. Everyone here has something special. Either in a abilities or skill. We're here for good." Verena had spoke up, picking with her fingers. "Eve said it's okay for me to help people. I remember that." He seat the glass bowl on the table, "Look, the important thing is you're awake now, which is good because we were in the verge of loosing our minds." Gar chuckled and so did Verena.

It was weird only having to talk to one person, not seeing your friends and family everyday or not doing the same routine everyday. "What's your name?" Verena had asked him and he looked at her, "Conner. What's yours?" He sends a soft smile. "Verena. But you can call me Rena." She grinned.

《✩》

Verena had watched as Gar and Conner played a video game, her reading her book that she was about to finish. It was a gift that Kory had gotten her and she planned to finish it before next week. The sounds of lasers and shooting continues, her looking up for a quick moment to find Conner quickly pressing buttons as she heard the "YOU WIN". Gar least to say was impressed, "How'd you do that?" He quickly sat down next to Conner  as Krypto whines next to Verena.

She rubs behind his ears, it was quiet night. Conner had gotten to know what the titans are, who they are and gotten a little bit closer to Gar and Verena. Gar laughs hysterically, "Conner! How would you like to be a titan?" He asks out the blue, Verena perking up from her book, "I don't think I can, Gar." Conner admits. "Sure you can. Everyone could with the right help." Verena sets down her book on the couch besides her.

"I mean, you guys, are actual heroes. I'm not."

"Uh, yeah. You are." Gar tried to cheer him up, "Look, the guy who made me, he's not a nice guy. I have this uh, other side." Conner frowns, "Conner, I know what your feeling. We all have this other side. Even me. But we have to accept the fact and live with it, even if we don't want to." She says in understanding to him, to which he just smiled. "Let's run it back." Gar had picked up the controller to the game and so did Conner.

"And please, give him a few tips and maybe he won't die this time." Verena laughs and Gar just scoffs. "Trust me, I won't. Not this this time." He tells her confidently.

[this chapter.....I think I'm getting writers block]