nine

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

"Tell him he's wrong." Rachel looked over to Kory in support, but she only looked down.

"I wish I could," She started to say, "You know how I hate to agree with him, but—" Kory looked at her with sad eyes, "—All you ever talk about is finding out who you are." Rachel cut her off, now looking at Gar and Rena. "You think we should go. Right Gar, Verena?" She asked them, "If I had a chance to see my father and mother again, I would take it." She also stood up with Rachel, sending a small grin.

When Gar didn't say anything and looked down, that's what made Rena sigh at him. "I'm sorry, Rachel." He mumbled, Rachel had scoffed at all of them, walking off in anger. Verena started to follow until Kory called her name, "Please, she's hurting right now, I understand her. Just..." She trailed off and ran up to Rachel.

"You didn't have to do that you know." Rachel looked over to Verena while they walked upstairs and into a room where they could get perfect view of the city. Rena shrugged, "It's what friends do right?" Rachel had smiled and so did Rena. As they peered over the beautiful, snowy view, a rhythmic knocking came from behind them. "Go away." Rachel had told Gar, the two girls could hear him sigh from the other side.

"Can I come in? Please?" Rachel looked back at Gar before turning to Rena. She sighed and telekinetically opened the door, Gar stepping inside. "So, you can heal people?" He said to Rachel, trying to break the ice with her. "Maybe. I think so. Like you care." Rachel told him harshly, "Rachel—" Gar had started to say, "—I can't believe you're on their side. Of all people I though you would understand." Rachel had cut him off, making him press his lips in a thin line.

"Same here." Verena made a comment, "Ever since my mom," Rachel stopped for a moment, "Ever since Melissa died, I've been alone. I don't have anyone." She continues, Gar almost looked offended, "You've got us." Rachel sighs and takes a seat in the grey couch, Rena sits besides her as Gar went to pull the clear chair up to the couch. "You know what I mean, right?"

"Yeah, I do." He sighs heavily, "If I had even the slightest chance of getting my mom back, there's nothing I wouldn't do." That had led Verena and Rachel into confusion, "But you said—" The girls had started to say, "—Yeah, I lied. I just said what they wanted to hear." Rena smirked happily, knowing that Gar was on their side. "You get pretty good at that when you live with Dr.Caulder." He glanced over to Rena, who just chuckled in agreement.

"If you agree with people, they tend to leave you alone." He chuckled, "So, what you're saying," "I'll go with you guys. If your mom's there, we'll find her. And, uh," He fumbled with his pocket trying to get something out, pulling out a phone, "I'm thinking...we go in style." He whispers the last part, "This is more mischievous than me." Verena had giggled as they started to make a plan.