thirteen

( DIVINER )

( DIVINER )

"Dick?" Verena had looked at him weirdly, his eyes were pitch black, there was darkness spreading next his eyes like a virus. This wasn't the Dick they knew and love. "Let him go!" Rachel had turned towards his father she Verena had Gar held on to each other. "This is not my doing. This was his." Her dad had only tugged a sinister smirk at his daughter. "I offered your friend a path that wound down many roads, but, ultimately, he chose his own way." Verena didn't like this, it was scaring her.

Chills came over her whole body. It suddenly felt so cold in the house. "You never loved me. You used me." Rachel's voice was breaking up, Verena gulped, still holding on to Gar as tightly as Gar was on her. "Uh, hard pass." Gar had interrupted their whole, "planning world domination" conversation. "Rach, we gotta go. Now!" Verena had pulled both Gar and Rachel out of the living room. They ran fast on their feet could carry them.

"Shit." Verena had panted, they had stopped for a moment, trying to catch their breath as they stopped in the hall. "No offense, but your dad is an asshole." Gar had truthfully told Rachel, who didn't take any offense to it, "Tell me about it." She agreed with him, "Oh, I need to work on my cardio." Verena had finally caught her breath as rumbling came from in front of them. The hallway had expanded in a weird, creepily way. Making it look like longer than it already was.

"Your dad has some serious power." Verena had spoke, the three started to walk down the still expanding hallway, making sure to stay close. "Rachel?" Verena flinched at the booming, angry voice of Dick, who they were guessing was on their tails. "Come out and play." Verena gags, she knew she should've said something earlier about this place not being good. They turned a corner and went into the room, Verena locking the door behind them. "What is happening?" Gar looked at the hanging pictures, seeing as they were now creepy in a way.

Rachel's dad had turned everything upside down and twisted. In Verena's 400 years of using magic, she's never felt magic as strong as this one. Even if she could counter his dark magic, it wouldn't be enough. "It's my father. He's doing this. He's trying to scare us." Rachel pointed out, "You think?" Verena sarcastically asked to Rachel. Gar turned around, "Guess what? Is de..definitely working." He whimpered as they all turned around to see the walls spreading with blackness. It suddenly disappeared quickly, making Verena shudder. "What the hell is wrong with him?" She exclaimed angrily.

"Whatever he did too Dick, he wants to do to us as well. We gotta get Dick back to normal. There's gotta be some way we can reach him. Make him hear me."

Verena thought about it for a moment, "Music? It can reach parts of the brain that certain things can't." Everyone had looked at each other, "Rena, don't you have any spells that can snap him out? Your whisper thing?" Gar had asked her, "Gar, her dad is a powerful demon ten times more stronger and gifted in magic. And no, not even my whisper thing could work!" She had scoffed. "Rachel? Where are you?" Dick's voice had came from outside, loud footsteps echoing. It made Verena's ears hurt.