Prologue

*Mia*

I glance up from my computer when I hear a small knock as a man enters my office. "You must be Mr. Shea?" I can't say I'm impressed, jeans and a white polo. He didn't even attempt to wear proper slacks. His full lips turn up into a smile as he approaches my desk and I can't help but smile back as I stand up to shake his hand.

"Yes ma'am. Colin."

I nod, "sit." He sits in the chair in front of me as I lean back against my desk. Summer is just starting and heat is beginning to pick up by this time in the afternoon so I have my blazer draped across the back of my chair. My arms are bare in a sleeveless white blouse and high waisted pencil skirt. I can't help but notice Colin's eyes inspecting my long legs, trailing all the way up my body. His eyes finally catch mine and he has the decency to blush and be embarrassed at checking me out. I chuckled softly, having enjoyed his attention. "How old are you?"

"Um.. 24. I turn 25 in October." He fidgets nervously with his hands in his lap, "I know I'm not really qualified for much. But I'm happy to do grunt work. Filing. Even cleaning up. Whatever you need."

Whatever I need. You have no idea what I need. I sigh, moving to sit behind my desk, "I don't know, Mr. Shea. I don't want you being burden as opposed to helping."

"I won't!" Now he's on his feet, crossing around the desk to stand beside me. "I promise I won't let you down, Mrs. Hargrove. Just give me a chance."

I sigh, "first of all, it's Ms. Not married. Second of all..." I place my hand on his chest to push him back and feel the tightness under his shirt, causing my face to flush slightly, "personal space. Yeah?"

He blushes again.. adorable. "Yes. Sorry." He moves to stand back on the other side of the desk. "Give me a probationary period? I really need this job."

"Ugh. Fine. You should know it has mostly to do with the fact I'll enjoy seeing those eyes of yours around the office."

Colin chuckles, grinning, "that's alright with me. Anything to get me in the door. Thank you so much."

"Yeah yeah." I nod and shoo him away as I lean back in my seat. He certainly was easy on the eyes, tall with soft brown hair and big baby blue eyes that pierced me right through. I could imagine easily all the things I longed to do to that boy. Too bad he was ten years younger than me. Having just turned 35 in April I was mid-30's, making it harder and harder to find men that I could tolerate longer than one night. I sigh, shaking the thoughts from my head as I returned to my work.

~~~
*Colin*

"So how was it?"

I glance up from the couch I kept on the roof of my building at my friend Tanner. "I got the job. Working 11-4 Monday through Friday. Gives me time to sleep in and time for band practice and gigs at night. Should work out well."

Tanner smiled, plopping on the couch beside me, "great man. I'm glad. How's the boss lady."

I groaned, "hot as fuck. Blonde, tall, curves in all the right places. Bossy for sure which is a turn on."

He laughed, "you like bossy women? I don't really go for that. I like to be in charge."

I shrugged, "I guess I've never really put much thought into who's in charge, but I most definitely love me a woman that can assert herself. And.." I thought for a moment, "I guess I don't mind being told what to do so much, no. Not when she looks like Mia Hargrove. Fucking hell man." I rested my head back on the couch. Yeah. I'd definitely let that woman boss me around. "She's my boss though and older than me. I doubt she has any interest in me."

Tanner shrugged, "you never know. Women go for younger men all the time."

I laughed, "if you were an older woman would you go for one of us?"

"Yeah. Probably not."

Our laughter dies down to comfortable silence as my mind wanders back to Mia and Tanner begins scrolling on his phone. She had wide hips and breasts I'm sure would fit perfectly in my hands. Long legs I can only imagine being wrapped around my head. Ugh. I'm a creep. Thinking about a woman I don't even know. My boss no less. No. I shake my head hoping to shake away the images my mind was already conjuring up of us tangled in bed sheets. I will be respectful. And patient. Hopefully..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Full chapters coming soon.
Just a little prologue to tide you over 🤭