~Fifteen~

*1 week after Christmas*
*Colin*

"Colin come back home. Now."

I receive a call from Mia not five minutes after her sending me out to get her ice cream. She's crying as I turn the car around, "babe, is something wrong? What's the matter?"

"Just get home."

And that's it, she hangs up and I begin to panic. I barely have the car in park when I arrive back at the house before I'm launching myself out of the car. I hear her crying in the bedroom, entering to find her on her phone. "Babe? What is it?" She holds the phone to me to display photos of me and Emily at the mall together the week before Christmas, smiling and laughing, "so? Where did you get those?"

"From Paul." She's sobbing as I laugh and sit on the bed beside her.

"And he implied that Emily and I are somehow... seeing each other behind your back?" She nods as I sigh and roll my eyes. "And you just believe him, just like that?" Mia shrugs as I get up from the bed. "I'm going to forget about this because you're hormonal and feeling insecure and Paul is a dick." I grab something from my nightstand, placing the small box on her stomach. "Emily was helping me shop for you. I'll be back." I turn to leave the bedroom when I hear her calling for me.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"To get you your ice cream." I glance back at her to see her staring at the box as it rises and falls with her breaths. "I'll be back." I shake my head, leaving her alone before getting back into the car. Instead of driving to the store, I stop at Emily's house first since it's only a few blocks away. I knock on the door, thankful it appears she was still awake when she answers.

"Colin? Is Mia okay? What are you doing here so late?"

I sighed, pushing my way into her living room, "is Paul here?" Before she can answer, he enters the living room and I waste no time punching him in the jaw as Emily gasps.

"Colin! What the fuck!"

I point at a startled Paul, "your boyfriend has been following you and sent pictures to Mia of us shopping and implied that we were cheating behind her back. She's at home crying and upset." I didn't tell them I had already calmed her down.

Emily glared at Paul, "you didn't."

He shrugged, "you're always spending time together, it's weird."

She laughed, "he's like my brother, you idiot. Get out."

"Baby."

I rolled my eyes at his pleading, grabbing him by the collar before dragging him to the door, slamming it shut behind him. "Let me know if he bothers you."

She laughed, "thanks. Anything else I can do for you?"

"Actually. Do you happen to have pretzels? And chocolate ice cream?" She laughs again as I follow her into her kitchen. I open her pantry, pulling out pretzels and marshmallow fluff as she retrieves ice cream. "Thanks. You're the best. Now I don't have to go all the way to the store." I kiss her cheek as she smiles.

"Anything else?"

I turn back to her before leaving. "Can I give you my friend Tanner's number?"

She blushed, "I already have it. We've hung out a few times."

I laughed, "you minx. I'm glad. Enjoy your night."

"Should I call her and apologize for Paul? For him upsetting her?"

I shook my head, "don't apologize for him. You can call her. But wait until tomorrow."

~~~

I returned back to Mia after grabbing spoons from the kitchen to find her in the same spot with the ring still on her stomach. "Have you looked at it." I set the food on the bed beside her as she shook her head.

"Too afraid. I told you I didn't want to get married."

I grinned, kneeling between her legs before grabbing the box from her swollen belly. "No. You said you didn't want a wedding. Not the same."

She rolled her eyes, "Colin." She glanced up at me, "you weren't gone long."

"No. I only went to Emily's."

She groaned, "should I apologize?"

I chuckled, "no. It's fine. She was worried that she should apologize to you. Now, the box?"

She groaned again, "Colin..."

I opened the box to her, displaying two bands, one for her and one for me. Hers with diamonds along the band. "Even if we don't make it official, I still want you to wear a ring. So I bought these for us. Emily helped me pick one out for you. That's all."

"I know nothing's going on. I'm sorry I overreacted." She grabbed her band, looking it over, "I'll wear your ring. And maybe someday we will make it official."

I grinned, grabbing the other one to slip on my own finger. I laid on the bed with my head on her stomach. "How's my little girl?" At the sound of my voice, she kicked, making me smile.

"We don't know it's a girl Colin. We said we'd wait til they get here."

"Yeah yeah. It's a girl. I just know it." I heard her laugh as she opened the snacks I brought her, dipping the pretzels into the ice cream and marshmallow fluff. "Just eat your sweets and then I'll fill you with cream of my own."

Mia laughed, "you're so gross. I love you."

"I love you too." I kissed her stomach, "and you, my sweet girl."

"What if it's a boy Colin?"

"It's not."

She sighed, "and if it is?"

I shrugged, "then I'll still love him, but it's not. It's a girl." I glanced up at her from between her legs, "how about we make a deal. If it's a girl, then we make this official and I make you a Shea."

She laughed, "Hargrove dash Shea."

I grinned, "deal."