Epilogue

*16 years later*
*Colin*

"What are you doing?!"

I turn in the hallway to see Emily climb the stairs as I stand outside Valerie's bedroom. "There's a boy in there. She thinks I don't know, but I'm not an idiot. I was that boy once upon a time." Valerie has her music playing loudly and every once in a while I hear giggles from her room. "I'm just going to knock."

"You will not!" I groan as she drags me down the stairs to the kitchen. "Where is Mia?"

"On her way with Valerie's cake."

"Don't go into that girl's room. You'll embarrass her and she'll never forgive you."

"But what if they're having sex?" The words alone make me feel sick as I pull my arms up to cross over my chest and Emily laughs at me.

"What if they are? She's 16, it's bound to happen."

"You!" I point past her to Mia as she enters the kitchen and sets the cake on the counter. "This is all your fault. Your daughter has your libido."

Emily laughs again as Mia just looks at us confused, "what are you talking about?"

"I'm like 90 percent sure that there's a boy in Valerie's room right now."

"Aww."

"Aww!" I scoff, "are you insane. She's a child. She's 16."

Mia laughs, crossing the kitchen to me to wrap her arms around my neck, "and she's on birth control and she has condoms. How old were you when you started to have sex?"

"That's..." I shake my head with a smirk, "I'm not the one on trial here."

"On trial?" Emily scoffs as Tanner enters with their own two kids, Becca and Benji.

"What's going on in here?" We all turn our attention to Valerie as she enters the kitchen, going straight to Emily first. "Hi Auntie Em."

"Come here Val." I hear Emily shuffle her kids from the room as Valerie comes to stand in front of Mia and me. I look at Mia and she gives me a proceed with caution look as I sigh. "How old is he?"

She blushes right away, looking from Mia to me, "how old is who, daddy?"

"Don't act dumb, we know you aren't. The boy that was in your room."

She stares at her feet for a second, "17."

"And will he be at the party later?" She shuffles her feet and fidgets with her hands as I sigh, "I'm not mad."

"Yes. He will be at my party later." She finally looks up at me, her eyes wide, "please don't embarrass me, daddy!"

"How did he get into the house?"

"The trellis outside my room."

I hear Mia giggle beside me and Valerie smiles proudly. "I won't embarrass you if you make sure that he enters and exits through the front door only from now on. Please. And make sure you're using protection."

"Oh." Her entire face flushes bright red as she shakes her head, "we haven't, we weren't having sex. I swear. He was nervous about meeting you guys later and we were just talking."

I sighed, "good. But front door, yeah?"

She nods and I pull her into a hug. "Thank you daddy."

"Happy birthday, Princess."

~~Hope you enjoyed Mia and Colin~~

Good Boy (Colin Shea) 🧡On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara