~Fourteen~

*Another 2 months later*
*Colin*

"Colleen! You're so big!" I laugh as my sister hits my arm and I place my hand on her stomach, "you know what I mean. You look beautiful."

She smiles, "thanks? We're having another boy. Can you believe it? I was really hoping for a girl."

I grinned, "I hope we have a girl at some point. I want a girl."

She leans in closer to me, "are you guys..?"

I nodded, "we've been trying a few months. Seeing how it goes."

Colleen grinned, "I'm happy for you Colin." She gestured around the living room, "and this house is great."

"Yeah. It's Mia's house."

"Stop saying that." Mia groans as she comes up behind me, handing me a beer, "it's our house now. Stop saying it's mine." She rolls her eyes and greets my sister, "how are you feeling Colleen? How much longer you have?"

"Um.. about 2 more months. And I'm feeling tired, otherwise, pretty fine."

"Tired and hormonal." Tyler comes up behind Colleen with a smirk on his face. "She has these really vivid dreams and wakes up mad at me all the fucking time."

I laugh as Mia grips my hand, "great. Really looking forward to that." Mia pulls me away from them and I notice Emily talking to my friend Tanner in a friendly manner in the corner of the living room. "Hey, does your sister have a thing for musicians?"

"What? Why?" She stops at the entrance to the kitchen and I point to Tanner and Emily. "I don't know. Isn't she still with Paul?"

I shrug as she pulls me into the kitchen, "yes. But come on, I'm not the only one that thinks he's a douche."

"Maybe a little. But I didn't bring you in here to talk about my sister." She hands me a box with a gold bow on top.

I groan, taking the gift, "I told you not to get me anything for my birthday. It's enough just to have you. You've given me everything I could ever want Mia."

She grins, "let me give you one more thing you want more." She nudges the box to me, "come on, just open it already."

I sigh and take off the lid and set it on the counter. I remove the tissue paper on top to display a pink pregnancy test with two lines, "that means positive, right?" I look up to see tears welling in her eyes as she nods. "Oh my god!" I wrap my arms around her, pulling her to my chest, "I can't believe it. Well, I can.. we have sex multiple times a day most days."

Mia laughs, pulling away to look at me, "happy birthday Colin. We have an appointment on Monday for an ultrasound."

I crush my mouth to hers, obviously surprising her at first before she molds her body to mine, wrapping her arms around my neck. "This is amazing." She laughs as I drag her back into the living room in front of my family and our friends. Everyone went quiet when I put my hand up. "I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to celebrate my birthday with me and we have an announcement." I glanced at Mia to see her blushing as I smiled, "we're having a baby!"

Emily squeals, making it to us first as she hugs her sister, "I can't believe it. I'm so excited to be an auntie. You're going to be great parents."

Mia chuckled, "don't tell mom and dad."

"What about when the baby gets here? How are you supposed to run a company and raise a child."

I sigh at my mother, turning to face her as she approaches, "actually, we've discussed it all already. We'll both work until the last month and I'll take over as much as I can with the help of Hailey while Mia takes maternity leave. And then when she's ready to return to work, I'll stay home to raise our child."

"You?" She laughs, "you really think you'll be able to raise a child?"

Colleen sighs, coming up to us, "mom. Leave him alone." She hugs me as my mom scoffs, "you're going to be a great dad. I've already seen changes in you. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks Colleen."

~~~

I pace beside Mia as she lays back on the exam table with her shirt pulled up to display her stomach. I don't know how I didn't notice that there is a tiny bump forming already. "I'm so excited Mia."

She chuckles and squeezes my hand, "me too. But you're making me nervous."

"Sorry." I sit down beside her as the doctor enters.

"Mom and dad, ready to see the baby?" We both nod and grin as she squeezes the jelly on Mia's stomach before moving the wand around. I feel my breath catch when I hear the heartbeat as she moves the wand over the small blob that is my child. "Just about 10 weeks. And everything looks great. Should be able to find out the sex around Christmas if that's something you guys want to do. Any questions?" She wipes off the jelly before letting Mia sit up.

"I only missed one period, how can I be so far along?"

The doctor smiled, "implantation bleeding? Everything looks fine. It's normal to have light bleeding at the very beginning. But let me know if you do anything more than spot. How are you feeling? Morning sickness?"

Mia sighed, "more like all day. But not too bad overall."

"Perfectly normal. Only time to worry is if you have trouble keeping anything down. If that happens, let me know. Otherwise, everything looks great. Make sure you're taking care of yourself and taking vitamins, et cetera."

"Thanks doc." I accept the ultrasound photos from her before she leaves, hovering over Mia as we look at them together, "look at our little baby."

Mia giggles, glancing up at me, "baby Shea. I couldn't be happier. Even though I'm terrified."

I laughed, "well. If you weren't scared, I'd be worried."