Chapter 33: A Pendulum Swings

This table is warmer than the one in our room, even though it is also made of stone. This room is empty but us two, and colder, as the night has taken over. It took me an admittedly slow amount of time to realize that Teival had used magic to heat it so that my stew would stay warm. Unnecessary and odd. I guess this is his way of being cordial. 

I wonder if he was like this with his patients? So above and beyond. I couldn't even see where his magic source was coming from, no beads looked to be in use and he remained with little signs of pain. I guess that was the strength showing, what made him the lead in the first place. The previous lead agulha was strong as well, an older Kishi man who probably has passed in the time I've been gone. 

This medical room looked more like a dungeon combined with a Terra flower garden. The way gray was the main color everywhere, except for speckles here and their of various colored beads. Shinier ones, more powerful. Again unused by this larger man. 

It made it all the more humorous that this human was so shy around me, so scared. As he claimed in the hallway.

He could use any of this magic, with his skill, to at minimum hold me down. Even if just for a moment- to easily get away. It made me wonder what the fear was really stemming from. 

Ignorance isn't always bliss, I guess?

"So there is stew now in our room for Death as well right?" I questioned. 

He answered quick, "Yes Ms. Yeona." 

Another darker shade of maroon on his cheeks. He continued to mindlessly play with his fingers as he spoke.  I scanned through my memory trying to see anywhere in the past when I stayed here that I could have seen him. Did he truly avoid me that well? 

A curious grumble escaped me as I thought of it more. Eyeing him. The table felt smaller than it was, just by him sitting across me with his arms resting on it. His eyes widened for a moment then dropped as he bit his lip. A still nervous appearance to continue to contrast the obvious. I let my free hand swat at the air between us as I took another bite of the stew. 

Lowering my brows and stiffening my voice, I questioned, "Did you treat Queen Aefre's sister back then?" 

Teival immediately looked away. 

"Ms. Yeona, I, no - I had just entered Mocamedis back then. I was very weak, would have been useless back then. " 

I scoffed, responding, "You grew very powerful quick then."

"Not enough," he chuckled the classic Kishi sound, but again with a hint of nerves. Yet his gaze had moved on to the door, not with us. His aura as well, had not changed. I took another bite of the food. My free hand touched against the stone. With the hand holding the bowl, I raised it. When I was sure his focus was still away, I lifted the bowl a little more. Teival's hand clenched into a fist just a bit. The door moved. My eyes widened. 

How much time does the Queen have left? Let's give this lead Agulha a little scare once more. So I can get more data. He would probably have it. Things the Queen wouldn't have thought to ask, wouldn't have seen the importance. 

I slam the bowl down. Teival turned back to me. His cheeks no longer that strong reddish hue. 

"Give me a list of every herb and magic that did not work against the curse."

"Every miss?" He calmy questioned. 

I shook my head left to right, but kept my eyes even and just as calm.

"Now."