Chapter 12: Blooming Spring

"Xiang wake up." I shake him as gently as I can. His eyes open but he doesn't lift up his head. I stop the shaking now. I still don't understand why I feel so terrified, but I do understand one thing. 

I don't have a lot of roads left. I need to start with the same attitude as before, when I first saw Xiang. How I felt. I take in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." I admit. Finally he turns his head up. An unmistakable flash of worry covers him. 

"Why?" He asks. I sigh, the shaking of my body dissipates to still silence. Thoughts rush through my head. Of everything. 

I can't control my myself as the words leave my lips, "You don't even know me, yet you want to believe in me, isn't that right? All I want to do is spit in your face at the mockery. Though you speak truth. You really want me as Alpha don't you?"

A glare of darkness covers his features as he stares at me eye to eye. I hope he remembered our fight from before and by the look on his face he definitely did. Him responding in turn.

"You will make up for my... differences." 

I comment back blunt, questioning, "Weaknesses you mean? How can you be so sure?"

"They say mates are complimentary."

I scoff. It seems that complimentary factor is never to the Omega's benefit. Or at least with him. I'm the one being thrown into this Alpha role, being mated to an assassin. What has he gotten thrown into? Nothing. I don't even know if I'll get to see him or if I'll just be stuck alone. 

As if reading my mind, Xiang offers, "We can spend more time together. You will see it's true." Even with hearing this, I feel bitter but remorseful. How if he put such a role on me? Such responsibility. 

I question, "With me as Alpha?" 

He answers with barely a hint of emotion. 

"I'll advise."

This conversation was biting into two many things at once, accepting more than any cup could ever hold, but if he was so confident, then I would be too. 

"Okay." I barely whisper.

Suddenly he grabs my arm and pulls me down to sitting next to him. 

He whispers back, "Dragon." Releasing a low growl.

I growl back. 

"He's no harm to us so shove it." 

As quickly as he grabbed he let's go. Suddenly looking away from me. His voice softer now.

"If he's why you are back, then I owe him thanks."

I nod. 

"He is." 

We stay silent together for a moment. I can feel tiredness overcoming me. A low yawn escapes. I touch his shirt, giving it a slight pull. My Omega instincts don't even care. Too sleepy now. I've never been the type to get tired like this. Maybe it's because of how many shit days I've had this week? Well, at least the rest of this night could be peaceful. 

Xiang stands up, bringing me up with him by holding the hand I'd used to get his attention. 

He sighs now. 

"Goodnight, Yeona."

I smile, "Let the sun be warm when you wake."

Then we head off to sleep. Sharing his bed but neither of us even touching in the slightest. Though I accidentally take all the covers. He doesn't even notice.

To a new day.