Chapter 18: Timing

I intentionally moved slower so that Death and I would be at the same pace both physically and with the unwritten language of our body movements, as we headed toward the threat. The assailant had made it pretty far in, honestly I was surprised no one had made a move yet for whoever it was. 

We surrounded the person with ease. As I eyed her dark blue orbs and long pale fingers recognition hit me. It was a Were that we had researched. Hiding her power, she was of a much higher rank her on Earth but tried to fool me with her form shifted to a male and Alpha aura sealed deep with werewolf magic. Only few werewolves knew how to use the shifting of their gender as a format of also sealing their magic. It was one of most difficult spells that could be done, with most letting their aura unseal within a single breath due to how it weakened them, but she had already been here for many a breeze.  

At seeing me she exclaimed, "Just the person I wanted to kill!" Her deep male voice still present for a second more. I looked up her male physique once more then flipped her off. The pull barely affecting me with her weakened form. 

Instantly the aura spilled through as her eyes gleamed. I bent my knees slight. Readying my stance. 

Another moment and breasts popped up as she grew shorter and more lean. Curves too became prominent as her clothes turned into human style short bottoms and a simple top. Loose fabric which would also give her ease of movement. 

I smiled, tilting my neck in fake submission, "Wrong move Alpha Su-mi."

She ran toward me, teeth baring, "I could say the same for you omega!"

I dodged her with a simple move to my left. They were right. She surely had a temper; and still weakened like this from the magic, I at least had a chance. 

Su-mi turned on her heel and reached out for my neck as soon as I dodged her, but I was able to dodge that too. Shifting into my wolf form at the pull being unbearable due to her rage, getting too low for her to grab, before letting her accidentally run straight into me. My teeth baring open naturally, ripping into her stomach. I could feel her aura turn a shade of surprise as she jumped back while her stomach healed over the missing chunk of flesh. The chunk I spat out and straight at her feet. A low threatening growl escaping my mouth using thoughts of disgust to now negate the pull. 

I could hear a small chortle behind us. 

Death joked, "She's an Alpha too Su-mi. Why don't you take leave instead of letting our omega punk kill you?" 

That was my plan, Death get them one way, I the other. Hoping they would turn away instead of letting it go as far as it inevitably should. 

Alpha Su-mi growled back, her eyes glowing as she started to use alpha magic on me. Setting my insides on fire. It hurt like hell, but I grit my teeth and bare it. Death didn't step in as she knew she could only help from the background at this point. Alpha Su-mi gave her answer. 

This was a battle to the death. 

With all my might I made sure not a sound escaped me. Pressing my paws into the dirt. I could feel my fur sizzling as my skin on the outside began to blister as well. Yet I knew this was hurting her as much as me. Even as an Alpha as powerful as she was who could take it, if I held out long enough, it would wear her down just a little more. Little by little, until I wouldn't need much left to do the deed. 

I just had to survive. 

Suddenly the burning hit my throat even more like lava. Black blood forced its way from my mouth. I continued to let her stare me down. Though with the blood spitting up I could see the glow falter. 

She wasn't used to others holding out this long and she knew she couldn't take my heart, cause it would take part of hers too, than she'd never be able to maintain her power if she won.