Chapter 29: A Snake Under a Rock still Strikes

I knew the chaos I was causing. I didn't need my sight to see it, feel it.  I used my paws to crush into the eyes I was now holding, as I did so I flickered my ears and whispered words quickly  while the wind and sand moved closer and closer to us. I could feel new eyes already beginning to form in place of the old. 

I felt Death's hand grab mine, but not stop me, knowing how dangerous that would be. The old eyes must already be glowing for her to hold back. I started to whistle, trying my best to match the winds. 

Suddenly I could see again, the sand had no effect on me. Yet everything was slightly off in color. Almost a slight grey with anything darker showing off more bright than anything lighter. This would be temporary, from the magic. It was trippy nonetheless. I looked at my eyes as they looked back dead and lifeless, a glowing black. Pierced by my claws still holding them tightly. 

Now. 

I threw them from one hand to the other at the same time. Blinking as I did so. Within a flash of a moment they became like stone. A black shiny stone. The wind from the storm started to pick us up, but I caught the stones just in time. Death held me as we floated up, swirling clockwise with the wind. We we're suddenly going too fast to tell where we'd end up. 

My vision returned to complete normal. I hear a grunt. 

I turn to look at Death. 

She's holding me so tight, her eyes bleeding. Her arms covered in blood, clothes ripping partially apart. There's blood from her neck too. She'll die if she keeps it up. 

I try to get her to let go. 

"No Yeona! The magic you're using, isn't meant for an Omega! How can you do-" she holds me tighter like a mother to her child, "that's insane Yeona."

I throw one stone against her neck and one into the sandstorm. She can't speak now, but I can see her lip quiver in hurt. We begin to fall out of the storms winds. Crashing to the ground. I try to tilt myself to the bottom so I take most of the hit, but at the last minute she throws me back up so I land on top of her. 

Her chest and neck are covered in the black magic, but the rest of her hit the sand with a crack.

"Death!" I gasp, hoping the magic was enough to help her. I was barely harmed because of her, but she was harmed so much. 

The sand storm starts to turn black, and as it does. I wretch over and vomit blood barely missing Death. My stomach feeling like it had been kicked. Death grabs at my face gently, trying to look at me and do magic to help. I turn away. She's not yet healed enough for herself, not even to stop me.

The sandstorm begins to move away from us, still black but swirling erratically. As it moves further away I can feel my body swell with more pain, ready to lurch again. My paws shift back into hands. I'm fully shifted back now. 

I step off of Death, but she manages to grab my top and pull my toward her. 

Before I can vomit more blood I see the red glowing of her still bloody eyes. Her body trembling with each movement, but she pulls me forward more. I can't move as my body racks with firey pain from the alpha magic she's using. 

She licks me. 

I start to immediately heal-ending the forbidden magic I'd just used. The black magic leaves the sandstorm and her throat too. Immediately the sandstorm starts to move toward us once more and she begins to bleed again. It's not as swift this time, but I'm still not sure if I have a chance. If only she'd let me sustain more damage, then I'd feel more confident.

I don't know if I can save us now. 

Death's hand drops and her eyes close. The alpha magic ceasing- allowing me to move once more and ending the burning pain.

My body fills with a swell of energy from the healing she provided. I grab her and try to pull her up over my shoulders, but she's too big. 

I have to shift again.  The energy she provided wasn't enough for that. My heart is pounding in my chest and I can feel a tear begging to release. 

The storm is moving closer again. I can feel the wind slashing against my face one more. 

No I can't give up. It wasn't supposed to be like this. My arms tense as I continue to try to pull Death over me, to no avail. At this point it didn't matter if enemies where nearby anyways, we were all going to die by this forsaken storm.

"What the kyns am I supposed to do!" I yell. Still trying to pull Death onto my shoulders. She's so close to dying herself, trying to save me, that she's passed out. A near impossibility with werewolves normally, unless using cloth covered boiling water. 

"Follow me!" A voice calls out. 

I turn to it, but drop one hand to my side for a weapon just in case. The face of a hyena greets me, on the body of a woman. 

The hyena faced woman shakes her head and suddenly it's human looking. A Kishi, one I recognize. 

Queen Aefre. 

She runs toward me with a glowing scepter that's covered in colorful bead like stones from various realms including my own. I grab the scepter as she tilts it to me, and both Death and I begin to float just a little above the surface of the sand. She twists her arm and another scepter appears, a more simple one. She lunges it forward and we all get pulled along. Moving at a great speed. I hold onto Death as tight as I can as wind blows past us. 

The sandstorm becoming only a distant memory.