Chapter 3: Death?

Upon hearing his command Suji leaves from my protection and runs to the guard. I cover my teeth, but keep my stance aggressive. My paws ready to lunge out. It's only when she is completely out of sight and Alpha Uchwair is still here with me that I trust his words. 

An air of authority ripples from him as he looks at me in my Omega wolf form. Regardless, I continue outright challenging him. 

My form is smaller and leaner than a non-omega. Nothing compared to an Alpha's form. Looking more like a large coyote than a wolf. Probably funny even, if he forgets how agile and exact I could be. Though not a lot of werewolves on Terra remember this little tidbit about us Omegas.

It may be hard for us to fight, but we still can.

The hard part was getting to me though, the submissive hollowness suctioning at my insides. Trying to force me to stand down. As a result I crouch lower. Giving in just a little. With us alone, Alpha Uchwair folds his arms over and starts speaking again.

"It takes guts to risk your life for someone else. Especially for those who don't deserve it. Even for a werewolf of Devaleon."

I almost chuckle.  

"Who are you to say who deserves what? Are you Fate? The reincarnator? A god? You know nothing about what I risk for. Now... don't we have some business with ending my life?" My body betrays me; my arms quivering from the force of the Omega in me refusing to keep pushing. As a result I shift to a sitting position, giving in to the urges just enough. The minute my tail folds and my back legs cave to the floor Alpha Uchwair's face contorts in a very unwerewolf like manner. His aura just barely flashed in the color of annoyance. 

He snarls, "I have better plans than to kill you. You're perfect for them, and it'll spare me losing another one of my own." 

Although I listened to his words blank-faced, I didn't understand him. The Alpha obviously knew this. Clear by his change in stance from discomfort at my bravado to the cocky smugness. In fact he actually relaxed, resting against the bars. The pit that stayed nestled in my stomach began to drop like hail, competing with the omega pull. Trying to deal with both now, my neck began to crouch slightly unwillingly. I tilted my ears further up, making sure I could still perfectly hear him as he spoke and breathed. His words were now calm. 

"You've heard of the Lor Clan?" He asked. 

"The infamous killers." I answer.

"Yes." He confirms. The hail turns into a snowstorm. I can feel bile rising in my throat. My body growing weak begging to shift back. All because I know where this is going. And it's not going to where I'd ever thought it would. There's only one thing he could be thinking of.

"You get to be their prisoner." 

That.

His declaration echoes in the cell, he practically roared it out with such surety. I give in fully to both the sudden dread and the omega pull, shifting immediately back into my human form, barely keeping myself held up as I stayed sitting against the cold floor. Colder now that I had no fur. I drop my gaze from him to his feet, doing anything I can to reduce the influx of sensations blowing up within me. 

Prisoner... to them?! 

The Lor Clan, enemy to everyone except the few who connect them to the King, at least in rumor. Who knows though, they may just be a group of overpowered alphas who simply like killing things because they can. That's all they do after all, kill things. 

They are constantly challenged by every type of creature visiting or from this planet, either looking for impossible control of them or wanting to eliminate them from existence. This and the very nature of such a group makes the environment incredibly dangerous. I'd be safer on war grounds than being prisoner under them! How in all shit did he even manage to get on their bad side enough to have to make such a trade?! Earthborn wolves are not like Devaleon wolves, they hate outsiders! 

I fall back against the wall behind me. Burning my back as it had previously done Suji's when she was here. I didn't care. All I could do was raise my hands to hide my lips, hide the gaping of my mouth. I glanced for a second back at the Alpha. From the look on Alpha Uchwair's face, I'm quite sure he knows what I'm thinking and is quite pleased. Even if his aura did not flash any color at all to give it away. Nothing could compare to the shimmer in his eyes. The slight puff in his cheeks. 

No matter how I thought of the outcome, the worse versions of death was almost guaranteed eventually with that pack. There was even a chance I could live a life that made the most atrocious death option look mild. Not a simple cut down or slow but easy torture of Alpha Uchwair, no nothing even close to that pleasant. 

The chance of anything positive was slim to none. So slim I prayed to myself if such did happen I'd do my all to make good use of it. Thinking anything to myself to calm my nerves. Any hope at all. Yet in the background I cursed myself for treating my life in such an expendable manner that now karma would lead that expendableness to an unforgettable, highly regrettable consequence. 

As I continued to drown in my own thoughts Alpha Uchwair steps out. Closing the door with a clang but not before having guards shuffle inside. He jokes, staring at me with eyes still sparkling.

"What an unlucky fate. Instead of being the black sheep, as your sister so kindly put it, you get to be the sacrificial lamb."

He starts walking away. As soon as he does guards prepare to knock me out. Using magic to quickly boil water suspended in midair. The sound of the bubbling like wind popping.  I look over at them. They're already soaking the cloth in the steaming liquid. One single sigh of resignation escapes me. As I it does, my thoughts become clear. Sacrificial lamb, if only he knew how much that title seemed to always stick to me, even more so than the one my sister claimed. Was this my fate again?

So be it then.