Chapter 10: A Bang

I was alone in this house a long time before I heard the loud sound of Xiang landing somewhere upstairs instead of entering by the door. Avoiding me I assume because of the surprising 'Alpha' shit storm he left me with. Every. Single. Wolf. Thinks that I am the Alpha. Me, an omega. They've even forced me into wearing this Alpha ceremonial attire. A very low cut and restrictive shirt better suited for abs than breasts. Worse they tried to cover the low cut factor using heavy and bulky necklaces made of Terra emerald, an emotional stimulant for werewolves. So I was on edge all day constantly dealing with the omega pull mixed with the urges to jump around like a hyper rabbit in duress. It's unbelievable and cruel he'd even throw such an obvious farse my way. What is he thinking? Why did he do this? I just need to know. Now. 

I immediately ran up the stairs and pushed open every door there until I saw a glimpse of his back. Upon the sight I ran in and yanked his arm toward me, ready to confront him, but telling myself I was pulling him in for acknowledgement instead to quell the pull. Really hoping catching him by surprise would off settle him enough not to use any alpha magic on me. 

He jerked his arm back toward himself and flung me forward and into the air before I came crashing onto the ground in front of him. Luckily I had enough time to react and land on my feet. Standing before him. Him and his fresh blood covered shirt. The smell was overpowering with dirt and poison. Blood was smeared across his face like a general in war.

A cool sweat covered my skin.  My thoughts blanked. 

His irises  shimmered slight as his eyebrows furrowed down. I watched as his lips silently worded my name. Suddenly Xiang pulled off his shirt and rubbed his face with it before throwing it off near his bed. His bed

I'm in his room.

My thoughts slowly start to come back. My shoulders relax as I process my surroundings. Hardwood floors, a simple bed on the floor, and multiple plants hanging from various walls and the ceiling. There's extra blankets in a corner and a large musical instrument on the back of a wall. 

Xiang comments, "You look beautiful in that attire."

I'm thrown back into my feelings. 

"This is inappropriate."

"Do you want me to put another shirt on?"

"No, I want you to stop telling everyone that I'm Alpha of this clan."

"You are though."

"Impossible, I'm an omega." 

"And?"

I lunge for the floor, but flip my leg to incidentally kick him in the gut. Avoiding the omega pull so I can do it with full force. He instantly catches it. Proving my point. 

I grunt, "I'm not, an Alpha."

He lets go. I spin around, swinging my arm out so it will 'accidentally' punch him. He catches that too. 

"Yes you are. I've already decreed it." 

He let's go again, but this time I turn and step back. Facing him. Glaring down his chest.

I grumble, "You've decreed it? Do you not hear yourself? How in Kyns name can you call me Alpha when obviously you should be Alpha. Giving orders!" 

He steps toward me. Breath against my forehead. 

"No."

"Yes."

"No, Yeona."

I feel even more stressed then before. So I take another step back, but he just steps forward again. I push my hands against his chest lightly, ready to tell him to move, but as my eyes shoot up toward his finally I see a single tear running down his cheek. He steps back.

Without missing a beat, he calmly states, "You calm me, and if you can calm me, you surely can calm them. Maybe enough to calm our enemies and give us some peace for once."

I blurt out back, "But what of the death matches Xiang. How will I do anything then." This wasn't a question. He and I both knew I wasn't strong enough to fight all those wishing to be Alpha too of this clan. I could barely fight at all, having to struggle with this damned omega pull with every move and every thought. 

Yet he answered back calm again, "You'll be fine, trust me, you won't die and that's all you need to win right?" There's just a stain where the tear was now.

"How do you know I won't die Xiang?!" My voice is raising and I can't control it. 

"You wont." A small smile graces his lips.

That's all he can say? 

My voice calms to a more steely sound, "That's terrible supporting evidence."

Xiang turns away at my snark. His arms crossed as I'm faced now with just his bare back. 

"It doesn't matter does it. You've not got much of a choice Yeona."

"I can't believe you. Your own mate." 

"Just don't die." 

"Not like I have much of a choice hm?" I mimic back. 

Xiang laughs, "Welcome to Earth, the realm of Chaos."

I growl. 

He starts to walk toward the door to leave. I use my speed to run past him. Shutting the door in his face. I yell just loud enough so he can hear me.

"My turn!" 

Then I run out the door.