Chapter 6- Another Alpha, another assassin.

"My name's Death, what's yours?" She stares me down as she speaks. Already using a little Alpha magic of hers to test the waters. Politely setting my insides on fire. 

I don't even flinch. 

"Yeona. You live with Alpha Xiang?" She stops using the magic. An unexpected smile graces her lips.

"Only when he's not here. You're not gonna comment on my name? Everyone does." 

Admittedly her name was unusual. It was rare for a werewolf to have an English word name like hers. Though I honestly could care less about it, as it wasn't too difficult to say which would have been the only thing that would bother me in a name. I find it far too embarrassing to mispronounce any given name. Ignoring that thought, I responded with minimal tact. 

"No I'd rather not. So is he not cool to live with or do your Alpha personalities not go well?" What I really meant was is he an asshole.

She read right through me, chuckling as she spoke, "Good choice. I don't care how he is, I'm just here for the food. We get along fine." So he can cook? That's what I'll take from this. Either that or she just really likes food, I do as well. Foodies should be friends.

I respond attempting such.

"If I tell you I like your hair you think we'll have a chance to get along fine?" 

Her face turns very serious. She drops her hand to her side, resting on a hilt. 

"Check out my sword instead." She pulls out a dagger as she says this. I fine piece. Made of vampire's daystone. A stone so bright it can almost blind a human, stinging for a werewolf just to look at. Still...

"This is not a sword."  I point out. 

Death smiles again. 

"It would be if I was your size." 

Touche. 

"I guess I'll like the joke instead. So am I being treated a little nicer here because of the mate thing or are you guys actually nice to prisoners."

Her face turns serious again. 

"You're stuck here cause of the mate thing, we normally get rid of prisoners by sending them off to Devaleon." 

My mouth drops.

"You serious?" I question.

She scoffs, "Would you rather I be sarcastic?" 

I sigh. Speaking back with slight exasperation. 

"Damn someone really does got it out for me." 

"We'll see." Death jokes. 

"Thanks." I sarcastically respond back. Still with a stern look, she sticks out her tongue. 

I really do think I'll enjoy this were.

Suddenly a small silence creeps on us and we just stand there. I focus my time looking around at the room we were in. I didn't notice it before, but there was a bed in a corner that was reasonably sized and a fur carpet below us. There were no paintings of any sort or other indication of personality besides a well designed large locked box on the floor in another corner and a small window with inscriptions in the glass. Death interrupts my gazing with her casual words. 

"So I'm gonna see if Alpha Xiang will let me be in charge of your orientation or whatever, I don't have any assignments for a while." 

Assignments? Oh yeah. 

"Legit I almost forgot you're all assassins." I admit. 

"We do too sometimes-" a loud banging noise interrupts her,  "until visitors come."

"Like right now?" I quip.

"Stay here." She suggests. Or at least, I tell myself that. 

Looking away and ignoring the omega pull, I use one of my loopholes,"I'm not gonna answer, but I am gonna follow you." 

"You'll just get in the way." She growls. Disregarding my attempts.

I ignore her "suggestion" again, following her as she runs out.

Close to her ears, I speak, a slight hitch in my throat.

"We'll see."