Chapter 2: The Lie

"So the Omega is probably the weaker one yes? Then maybe she will talk."

Alpha Uchwair, as he's called, looks at me as he says this. His eyes almost emotionless even if he actually wasn't. My sister had already distanced herself from me before he entered. I'm cornered in the right while she's to the left. Guards hide behind Alpha Uchwair with the metal bars of the prison covering part of their faces. I ignore them and keep my eyes on the Alpha's. True, I may be an Omega. Though this Terran belief that physical deficiencies and submissiveness makes one easier to give in is wholly ridiculous. If anything, we're more loyal and tougher because of our faults. Even to a detriment. Like right now. 

Suddenly I felt knuckles slam into my jaw. They crushed into it so hard my head threw back into the wall behind me.

 "Tell me." Alpha Uchwair mumbles. His rugged voice sounding almost like a cats purr.  As he proceeds to kick me in the stomach, multiple times, while pointing his finger at Suji. 

"Did she kill my son?" He switches to kneeing my leg as he asks. I continue to try and stare him up. Relaxing my body for each blow but not flinching even slightly to the pain. I focused on the healing which would come as quickly as the pain came, only needing a second of holding it in to conquer his brutal strength. 

Alpha Uchwair presses his knee further into my leg, breaking it and holding it so it cannot heal. He'd figured out what I was doing.

Not good enough. 

I use a lifting spell. Lifting a coin about a centimeter in my pocket. He doesn't notice. Doing this spell takes away my voice as its cost. Making my whole throat tingle with a slight stinging sensation. Like swallowing a bee. A small cost for hiding any sounds of pain. I'm able to control the rest of my face, so as he keeps pressing, I just keep staring. 

Enough time has passed, I can see the annoyance slowly creeping on his face. I stop the spell to answer him. My voice breathy but calm. 

"No." 

Alpha Uchwair's eyes widen a little. His hold on my leg loosening. After another moment he lets go completely. Standing tall above me. Hands brushing against the bristles of hair evenly scattered across his chin. We're still both holding our ground, neither leaving eye contact. 

"Pray tell who did, it could only be her or yo-"

"Me. Yes. It was me." I nod as I say this. My voice bolder now, but stammering from my own answer. Completely full of shit. 

Alpha Uchwair knew it too.

His disbelief was so strong it etched over his being in the sharpest shade of cedar red I'd seen in a long time. It's rare for a werewolf to actually show such a normally gentle feeling, like disbelief, in their aura. Only before had my father given me the pleasure of gazing upon the soft brownish red which seemed to surround his being frequently, like a human's, whenever he saw me. Making me at times wish this werewolf ability didn't exist.

What was the point in us being able to see feelings as colors anyways? Especially when it only showed in flashes for our own kind. Pointless especially now when it verified the obvious, that Alpha Uchwair didn't believe me. It's not like I could do anything further. I may be a bitter and sometimes very sarcastic creature, but like my sister, I was not an apt liar. It wasn't that I couldn't do it, I just didn't like to, and often that dislike gave way in my body language far quicker than it could flash on my aura. No matter what, even humans could figure me out. It was awkward how the same justice driven emotions which helped me hide pain with great skill simultaneously kept me from easily outright lying as well. Omission was really my only safety net in that realm. Silence could never betray. Yet right now omission wasn't exactly possible.

I couldn't try to get through this with straight aggression either, being an Omega, such actions cost me too much strength. 

Strength I needed for when he would kill me. As I doubt such a death would come quick or painless. As if on cue my body is violently tugged forward as Alpha Uchwair's nails wrapped around my throat. Forcing me closer to him. It happened so fast I couldn't do a spell to stop my reaction. Luckily it wasn't needed. Being choked by the throat had a certain charm in making speaking or reacting much more difficult. Other than the usual fingers "trying to pull away the killing grip" grasping action. Though any reaction like the usual would be too aggressive and could cause me to get the stomach-dropping pull of Omega submission, which may stop me from removing the grip anyways.

Instead I click my tongue against the roof of my mouth in a rather annoying fashion. Glaring as if irritated. 

The Alpha growls, "I know you are lying." Well... we both know that.

Yet as I think this, I say nothing.

His nails grip tighter, pulling apart the skin. The warmth of blood pools out of me. Providing me slight relief. My eyes finally cave and leave his irises to check on Suji. She's crouched down and staring at the ground. Waiting for the escape I've promised her. 

The Alpha growls more. His free hand crosses my face in a painful slap. 

"You will die for this." He threatens. I look back at him. His khaki irises daring me to keep with this lie, to keep challenging him. I slip one more glance at my sister and then give Alpha Uchwair a strong nod in agreement. Causing him to rip out more flesh from my throat. I keep nodding, showing I could give less of a damn.

Kill me already. 

He throws me back into the very close wall. I pull myself up as soon as he does. Raising my hands in the air so it'll be easier for him. Hopefully speeding things up. He growls once more. 

"Fine."

I can almost see a tinge of pity in his eyes. A flash of soft violet sympathy tinting his aura just barely a centimeter from his skin. I raise my hands higher. Alpha Uchwair's irises start to glow, a sign he was using Alpha magic. Just as he starts, my chest becomes achy, then scalding hot. As if it was on fire. It hurts so much that for the first time I seethe. I keep my eyes forced open, but I cannot stop my hands from falling down and against my heart. Pushing at it tight to try to reduce the sensation. Yet as he continued, wave upon wave of burning scraped into my insides. Ripping at my chest. My breathing getting more ragged and my voice finding its way out of me. Seething being replaced by screeching. 

Cold creeps at my toes. Black spots scatter my vision. I can feel my life leaving me. And all I'll see are his ey--

He turns his gaze away. Right to her. 

No! 

I close my eyes and quickly as I can I find it, my innate magic which hides in my thoughts. In the same spot it always is. I activate it and shift. As my eyes open up I use every piece of strength I have left to jump in front of Suji. In wolf form I bare my teeth and yell out at Alpha Uchwair. 

"How dare you! I told you it was me!" I snarl right after I say this, emphasizing that I'll protect Suji no matter what. She needs to save our family. So I must save her.

Yet even though I had no current plans to attack the older Alpha unless I needed to, just the challenge made my whole body feel like it was sinking fast in quicksand. That stomach-dropping sensation already barreling at my insides. Pulling me down. I suspected this would happen hence why I shifted. 

My wolf form was lower to the ground and more stable for handling this kind of thing. In this form I was also more durable. 

Alpha Uchwair stops in his tracks. The glow in his eyes disappearing fast. Suji exhales a loud sigh of relief. Even being so careless as she waited, she must have detected his shift in movement and aura of death which suddenly had tried to target her way.  Although that aura was gone, bright red anger began to showcase on his aura. Fading rather slow. I try not to fathom what is going on in his head. After another flash of time, he beckons a guard with his hand.

The guard comes inside the prison, standing next to Alpha Uchwair. He stares at the ground in respect. 

"Yes Alpha."

Alpha Uchwair points at Suji.

"Leave that one outside the territory. She may live. I will deal with the Omega... instead."