we start living(momo pov)

"Every man dies but not every man lives."

[The evening the same day of Yeonjun's hospitalization]

"Five, six, seven, eight"

Music plays and I replay the dance moves in my head while copying them physically.

Along with all the other girls on the squad.

My head pounds and sweat gathers at the nape of my neck, under my arms, and on my forehead. This is the 7th time we've went over the routine, and Sana says we won't leave until it's perfect. At this point we've been going at this for almost two and a half hours.

The doors open and the girls basketball team enters to practice as well. My heart races as I see her....Lisa. She looks gorgeous, as usual, she sports an oversized jersey and sweat pants, her fiery red hair in a messy bun. Her foreign features further accentuating her beauty.

I misplace my foot slightly but luckily Sana doesn't notice, I continue dancing, the dance something I could do in my sleep at this point, and keep my eyes trained on a certain girl.

She catches my eye and I look away blushing like a tomato. Looking back, I see her staring at me and she gives me a wink before continuing to warm up.

My movements stutter and this time luck isn't on my side, "Yah!"

I stop and see an angry looking Sana, "Why the fuck can't you do anything right?! I honestly don't know how you made the team you're worthless."

Familiar words.

The other girls stare at me sympathetically but gasp when Sana grabs me by the hair.

"Are you listening to me you little shit?!"

She jerks my head so that she can see my face clearly and is about to say something when I hear a voice, "Yah! Get your hands off of her!"

Sana lets go of me and I ignore my throbbing scalp and instead look at the girl approaching me and Sana.....Lisa.

Her eyes are narrowed into slits and I can feel the waves of anger coming off of her from here. The aura around her is as bright as her hair as she stops right in front of Sana, who appears intimidated by the Alpha in front of her own beta self.

"Why did you do that?" Lisa says angrily, her features contorting.

"Because she messed up," Sana says with the same amount of anger in her voice.

"So because she messed up you thought it was okay to insult her and put your hand on her."

"Yes."

I gasp as Lisa palm glides across Sana's cheek leaving a crimson hand print behind.

Lisa turns to me and grabs my hand gently before leading me outside of the gym into the late afternoon sunset.

We sit on the curb and it's silence until I decide to speak, "Thank you for helping me back there."

She turns to me and the sun descending behind her makes her look....perfect.

She smiles softly, "It's no big deal. She shouldn't treat anyone like that."

I'm used to it.

I nod and say, "I-I saw you practing back there. Y-You're pretty good."

She shrugs and says, "I'm not that good."

I scoff, "You literally made like 50 points yourself last game."

She raises a brow, "Are you stalking me miss?"