the happiest man in the world

"i never knew how happy i could be..until i met you."

(i was going to make this a mature chapter but i wont:))

yeonjun woke up to something strange...silence. usually he would be woken up by haneul crying..but it was utterly silent.

he looked beside him to see soobin was gone and for some reason he felt anxious. he got out the bed swiftly and went to haneul's room, his heart speeding up when he didn't see their baby sleeping peacefully in his crib.

yeonjun went to the kitchen and he walked in to see soobin drinking a cup of coffee and reading a book. soobin looked up at him and asked, "what's wrong?" "where's haneul?!" he asked frantically when he didn't see soobin holding the baby or hear him. "i let beomgyu and taehyun look after him for the day," soobin said calmly.

for some reason when he heard that his son was okay and soobin was right in front of him, looked at him concerned and confused, yeonjun felt emotional and soon he was sobbing in his hands. soobin stood up quickly and pulled the crying boy into his arms, "why are you crying baby?"

yeonjun managed to say in between cries, "i thought..y-you were b-both gone!" soobin just hugged me tight and said "i'm here. it's okay" over and over again. i don't know what happened that triggered me to get so scared that both my baby and boyfriend was gone but it was the worst feeling ever.

it took him a while to calm down and they relocated to the living room, sitting down with yeonjun on soobin's lap and he comforted him. he explained that he let the taegyu couple look after their son because they wouldn't stop begging and he wanted yeonjun to have a calm day.

so yeonjun spent the day to himself. soobin payed for him to have a spa cleanse, he got to go to a dance class he hadn't been to in months because so much has been happening, and he got to go shopping for new clothes and things they needed at home.

he was at home eating some greek yogurt and granola, still in the process of losing some baby fat that remained, when he got a text from soobin.

his eyebrows furrowed in confusion when he saw he sent his location of where he was currently at and it was the café he used to work at but quit around the same time he left school before he gave birth. he was surprised he hadn't gotten fired because he had missed so many days but he didn't really need to keep working either way because soobin had enough money to hold them over until they died and then a hefty inheritance for haneul too.

soobin didn't respond when he responded with "???" just simply leaving the boy on read and yeonjun huffed before grabbing the keys to his car, which was still in great condition despite him mostly using his and soobin's basically shared car. the sun was setting as he drove to the coffee shop, and he hummed to a song he loved but didn't know the name of.

yeonjun arrived not too long later and his head was swirling with questions as he walked into the cafe and saw not a soul inside despite it being the nighly rush hour. he felt like he was trespassing despite the sign saying open as he stood in the center of the cafe.

he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and pulled it out to see it was once again soobin sending him not a message but a video. yeonjun was beyond confused at this point as he pressed the play button and he thought it was just black screen until the words yeonjun unseen clips from the perspective of soobin.

yeonjun was now intrigued at the words on the now black screen. suddenly a video of him popped up and he watched in interest as the video showed him eating ice cream. he was looking out the window so he couldn't see soobin recording him and the sun shone right on him, making yeonjun look like an angel.

a new clip came on and this time it was a heavily pregnant yeonjun crying while watching a movie, which he realized was spirited away by the background music. he was too focused on the scene of chihiro and haku parting to see the older recording.

so many videos of him..so many that soobin had secretly took and hidden away in his camera roll. all of them were of yeonjun. some when he was noticeably pregnant and others a bit before then. then as the last video faded out, a video of him giggling as haneul kicked inside him belly, he saw pictures. they appeared so fast that he only saw a glimpse before a new one took its place..but he could tell..

they were all of him.

there we so many..he couldn't count but it had to be over one hundred pictures of him. he felt tears spill out onto his cheeks as he realized that soobin did this for him..and that although he may be less verbal about his love than yeonjun, he still loved him nonetheless, just in a different way..

the pictures stopped abruptly and he looked at the screen with watery eyes in confusion as the words 'turn around' appeared. he slowly turned around and saw..

soobin kneeling on one knee.

he didn't even have to say anything and yeonjun started sobbing with a hand over his mouth. soobin just smiled at him softly and took his other hand, which just so happened to be his left, as he spoke.

"yeonjun. to finish something and natural is what your name means. i sat down with myself for days thinking of the perfect thing to say to you tonight..but then i realized i didn't need some perfect speech to say to you because you'll accept anything that i say. i could say the most outrageous and dumbest thing right now and you would probably laugh at me, but i wouldn't mind because your laugh is one of the things that keeps me going

i love everything thing about you. the way your eyes disappear when you laugh or smiled wide enough, the way you sleep so peacefully while laying in my arms, the way you pout when you don't get what you want, the way you smile at our son..i could go on for hours.

and although i was harsh and the way we became what we are now is a bit different than most. i'm glad i asked you. i'm so glad that you endured so much pain for us to have a beautiful son that i love more than anything.

you are true to your name...because i didn't notice it at first..but yeonjun you finish every incomplete part of myself.

so i ask you with all the love in the world and more.."

soobin smiles wider and yeonjun just struggles to not sob harder at soobin's words filled with so much love as he reaches into the pocket of his sweatpants and pulls out a small black velvet box. he slowly opens it and yeonjun gasps at the beautiful diamond ring nestled inside.

"will you please make me the happiest man in the world and marry me choi yeonjun?"

soobin didn't even have a chance for the fear of possible rejection from the younger when yeonjun said, "yes, yes, yes! a thousand times yes!" a few tears streamed down his face and he held back in his sobs as soobin slipped the beautiful, shiny ring onto his finger and stood up on his feet.

yeonjun jumped into the tallers arms and wrapped his arms around his neck. he sobbed loudly as emotions overwhelmed him and he couldn't see it but soobin was smiling as he held yeonjun. after yeonjun finished crying he pulled back a little and kissed soobin. they kissed with such strong emotions coming from both of them that they were blind to the world around them.

soobin pulled away from the kiss first and leaned in closer so that their foreheads were touching one another's as he said softly, "i love you, yeonjun."

of course yeonjun didn't hesitate at all as he said back, "i love you too, soobin."