i promise

"my only loveeeee." -lee-hi(only)

I sit in the unfamiliar bed that I have been laying in for nearly a week and my mind is blank. The only thing on my mind is Soobin. Is he okay? Is he hurt? Is he thinking about me and Daebak? Who took him? Is he....alive? The constant whirl of questions and guilt in my mind slowly make me depressed and I haven't left this bed ever since Soobin was kidnapped. Or abducted since he isn't a kid.

My phone pings and I know it's one of my friends texting me for the hundreth time, Beomgyu being the most frequent. I merely glance at the messages but don't respond, not having the energy nor feeling to. Why should I continue to act as if life is normal when Soobin could be starving and being beaten to near death somewhere? He could even be somewhere in the ground not breathing....

Soobin found me in only a day, but I've been here for seven whole days without him. It's now February first and I'm eight months pregnant. It's normal for an omega to get clingy and really sensitive during their last months of pregnancy, but Soobin not being here makes it even worse. I keep his hoodies with me, trying to find comfort in his scent and get disappointed when the hoodie slowly starts to smell like me and a hint of Daebak.

The baby seems to notice his father's lack of appearance as well, kicking excitedly whenever I play an audio with Soobin's voice. I can't tell if he's happy to hear his voice after not hearing it constantly or if it's because he's getting stronger since he's basically fully developed.

The only reason I get out of the bed is to use the bathroom, which I do frequently. My food is brought to me by an old woman who looks at me sympathetically every time she sees me. The sad part is that I don't feel like eating at all, but I have to so that Daebak is okay. I just want to sleep forever until Soobin is finally back....home.

I've been at Yuzuru's huge estate he had in Japan for the past five days, he sent me here after I kept "interfering" with the investigation. AKA screaming and crying that they weren't trying hard enough to find my soulmate. I admit I was wrong because Yuzuru has known Soobin longer than I have but two days into losing Soobin I lost myself too.

The feeling of not waking up to see his sleeping face is heart wrenching. Not hearing his voice, smelling his scent, feeling his warmth....it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Not that I really have one, besides the person(s) who took away my love. Oh I wish that they receive the worst possible punishments there is to mankind. Yes, punishments.

I hear a soft knock and I sigh saying, "Come in," my voice scratchy from days of not using it. I see the same old woman bringing in my breakfast like usual except this time she says, "Mr. Yuzuru, want, see you. Breakfast over," in broken Korean. I nod in understanding and sigh when she leaves, sitting up to eat my breakfast.

I eat in silence, the only sound being heard are the blue jays that sit on my windowsill every morning. I feel Daebak wake up and move around, "Good morning, baby," I say in a voice I use only for him, sometimes Soobin when he wants to act like a baby and pout.

He kicks and I wince, "Y-You're getting stronger I see. Jeez. I hope you have your father's traits, don't take shit from anyone and be a boss bitch. I should probably stop cursing before you come out of the womb knowing how to flip someone off or something," I say with a chuckle.

"Please inherit his eyes too please. He hates his doe eyes, but I love the-" The door swings open before I can continue talking to my son and a man who's name I think is Ryoto(dragon) pants before choking out, "T-They f-found-"

He falls on his knees and puffs heavily but I throw the blanket off and nearly run to him saying, "What?! Who did they find?!"

He looks me in the eyes and breathes out, "Soobin," before passing out in front of me. They found Soobin...? No, this must be a dream. T-They didn't...

I pinch myself and grimace when the pain resonates throughout my forearm. Wait, I'm not dreaming.... They found my love...?!

Another man comes into the room, eyes Ryoto and rolls his own before saying, "Sir Yeonjun, we shall be leaving for Seoul in 10 minutes. Please pack whatever belongings you brought with you or wish to bring back."

He bows before leaving and I can't believe it...My Soobin is back..?
•••••••••
-5 Hours Later-
We arrive at the same place where it all started and I see Soobin's car in the driveway along with Yuzuru's Tesla. I take a deep breath and walk up the stairs to the door, but hesitate before knocking.

Me being myself starts overthinking even though my mate is right behind this door. All I hear are a bunch of what if's running through my mind before I slap myself and say, "Get yourself together, Choi Yeonjun and go see your mans." I knock on the door and my heart pounds in my chest as I hear rushed footsteps approaching on the other side.

The door unlocks and swings open, warm air hits my skin from inside and I look up to see...him. He looks skinnier than the last time I saw, sleep deprived, and his hair is greasy but my heart warms at the sight. His eyes, which looked dead before, light up at the sight of me and tears spring in them before I wrap my arms around his waist.

My whole world feels complete as I take a deep breath and inhale his scent, I feel his heart beating and sobs break past my lips. The overwhelming feeling of déja vù was strong and I cry in his arms. Just holding him. Touching him and smelling his comforting pine scent was enough for me.

I pull away after I don't know how long and hold his face in my hands before pressing my lips to his. Both of our salty tears mix with the taste of our lips. I break away and look in his eyes before saying, "Don't ever leave me again. Please."

He nods and for the first time in a week I hear his soothing voice, "I won't. I promise."