𓆉 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙾𝙽𝙴

"Where did you two come from? We've been looking for you all over the mansion." Ms. Jo glared at the pair who are hanging their head low, she sighed "And you didn't even tell us? Jake."

He quickly looked up "Ms. Jo, I'm sorry-

Jo gritted her teeth then shook her head "Nuh uh, Jake! You're still a KID when we taught you to always let US know when you're going somewhere, right? And now that you're older, you failed to do your Mom's orders."

"We just came from the backyard-

Minji quickly looked up and interrupted him"Ms. Jo  please listen to me, I invited Jake to go to that forest. It's really my fault."

He looked at her in shock.

"You know, Ms. Jo. We didn't tell you because we know we can handle ourselves. We're adults and we're just there near the mansion."

"You're a stubborn person too Miss Minji. You both are making my head hurt." She rubbed her temples, feeling stressed. Who isn't when you're in her shoes? She already considers them her children and she can't help but worry.  

"I know, Ms. Jo sorry if we're stubborn. It's not like anything bad will happen to Jake, especially to me. Unless this man drowned me." She pointed to him and laughed silently.

He glared while moving a bit near her and whispered "She might get even angrier with us. Drongo!"

"You're more a Drongo, I said that to light up the mood." She rolled her eyes.

"I don't know what will I do to the both of you, just don't repeat it. My God, why are young people like this?" Disappointed, she left the living room to go back to work.

The two were silent for a few seconds.

"Why did you lie earlier?"

"To save your ass, of course." Minji took the remote control then turned on the TV "Your Nanny is scary when angry." She runs to the kitchen to rummage in the fridge for berries.

She went back to the living room and placed the bowl of berries on her lap "V's handsome, isn't he?"

Jake rolled his eyes then crossed his arms "Yes he's handsome but a liar, he said we look alike and i don't really see myself in you."

She frowned at him "Why? I'm beautiful. But what if you're my brother, will you spoil me with expensive things?" She grinned and she pop the berry in her mouth.

"Nope. Because I will never be your brother. Stop your nonsense⎯

Jake stops himself from speaking when they see a familiar photo of Minji. They fell silent to hear what the news anchors had to say.

"Now we are here at the port of Jeju to wait for the departure of the Min's." The camera showed a large ferry with many men on board.

"They said that their decision to sail to the nearby islands of Jeju Island is final, it has been reported that there are some islands that can be inhabited. Currently you can see Min Jeonji in that part." 

The camera showed Jeonji wearing a simple outfit while looking away, next to him is Min Yoongi who doesn't seem to care about the media who are flocking around to get a record  of them.

"My suspicion is correct, its them. I hope they get lost and they can't go to this island." Minji sarcastically said.

Minji's photo flashed again and Jake quickly turned off the TV and pulled her out of the mansion.

What they didn’t know was that Mr. Kei saw that news as well as Minji’s photo as he was peering at them. As a bodyguard, his job is to make sure that the Sim family are safe and one of that is his loyalty to them. He can't keep a secret from them.

'Sorry Minji and Jake, I have to tell Mr Sim what I found out before a misunderstanding occurs.' He quickly picked up his telephone.

On the other hand, Jake brought Minji on the shore. The place where he goes when he has a problem and when he wants to be alone. He could see in her eyes that she was feeling anxious.

"Jake, do you think I'm feeling nervous because of the news that we just watched?" She chuckled.

"Yeah, its a gut feeling." He looked at the rushing waves on the sand then pulled her closer to the sea. She yelled out in shock when she felt the water at her feet, having her trauma.

Jake instantly crouched down to remove his and her sandals.

"Hey! What are you doing? I know you're aware that i⎯

He pushed her gently resulting Minji to fell into the sea and her whole body became drenched without a warning.

"JAKE! Why are you doing this to me, you know that I don't want to remember what happened to me before." She yelled full of rage as she looked up at him.

"I hate being here, I'm afraid!"

He didn't answer and he just soak himself into the water close to her and held her arms "Would you still be scared if I am holding you like this? With me here with you?"

She stared at his eyes with her dampened hair and beads of water trickling down her face "I'm not afraid with you here with me but possibly the waves will take me away from you." She looked around at the vast ocean.

Jake lips formed into a smile then slowly took her chin to faced him again "I'm here, okay? Nothing bad will happen to you."

"Really, you won't give me to him?"

He looked at her curiously and suddenly he also got what she meant "Of course Minji, one day he will pay for all the bad things he has done. You will be free and never be afraid to come back home again."

"But when they found your Haven Island, will you let them get me?"

He sighed "Didn't I tell you it would be hard for them to find this place?"

"Right." She laughed quietly then sprinkled water on his face and he just wiped them quickly "You took away my trauma and made me fall in love with you over and over again ."

"You don't love me, you like me." Jake corrected her sentence "Good to know that your trauma is gone, can you join me in canoeing tomorrow?"

She grazed at him wide-eyed "Canoeing? That sounds fun, I haven't experienced something like that as I was lazy." She laughed then fearlessly engulfed her body in the water, except her head.

"I can do this again, thanks to you." She giggled. She saw Jake imitate her while they were facing each other. 

When he saw her dampened cheek it was as if something was urging him to kiss it. He was about to approach her face when Minji suddenly pinched her nose then quickly disappeared from his sight.

He felt irritated as he easily spotted her underwater, he pulled her upwards "Are you going to drown yourself?!"

Minji has a silly smile on her face "Maybe, maybe not." 

He shook his head with a smile on his lips. Being with her was giving him euphoria, she wasn't annoying, she was just really crazy. Every day, he would want to see a different side of her.

Hopefully, these days with her will not end.

While they're soaking their bodies on the sea water, Mr. Kei was walking on the sand and stopped right in front of them.

He cleared his throat "Sir Jake, your father is calling you and he needs you now. Sorry for interrupting you two." He take a quick look at Minji.