Coffee (Edited 10/30/23)

Anessa stood by the front door of the mansion. She bent down to reach under the doormat and took out a key.

"Good thing the key is still here," she said to herself.

She turned the key in the knob until she heard a click. Then she pushed the door open.

"Hey, one of you guys close the door once everyone is inside," she said to the otherworlders, looking over her shoulder. Keenan closed the door as the last person to go in.

Anessa led them into the dining room. There is a long dining table with chairs for 10 people.

As they followed Anessa, the group so far had been distracted by the modern interior of the mansion. Instead of extravagance, the decor looks more simplistic then what they are used to, but somehow still pleasing to the eye.

"You guys can sit here. Do you guys want anything to drink like water, tea, or coffee?" Anessa may not like these people but she is not going to be a total b*tch or a bad host to them.

"Cough fee?" Wilder worded in a questioning tone, confused by the term.

"Oh right, coffee doesn't exist in your world. It's a drink that can be sweet or bitter. Do you guys want to try it?" Anessa asked, surprising her "guests".

Is she actually being polite to them right now?

The group glanced at each other, unsure.

"I would like to try it," Prince Leopold finally said.

"Wait your highness, we shouldn't accept any food or drink from her," Matthias again tried to argue.

"Dude, I'm not going to try to poison you. Calm the f*ck down," Anessa is getting fed up with Matthias the most out of everyone here. She understands that he felt that he shouldn't trust her, but give her some slack! She hadn't even done anything to him, even back in their world. He should learn to read the atmosphere!

"Matthias, can you just relax? I don't think she will do anything to us," Prince Leopold asked his friend.

For some reason, Prince Leopold just knows that this Anessa wouldn't do anything to them.

Matthias slumped in his chair and gave a sigh.

"Yes...your highness." He said reluctantly.

"Is there anyone else who wants coffee? Or water and tea?" Anessa asked again.

"I would like to have coffee too," said Wilder, curious to try something new.

"Me too," said Marianne.

"Same," said Keenan.

"I guess same for me too...," said Matthias, not wanting to be left out.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Don't touch anything," Anessa ordered and left the 5 people to themselves.

Prince Leopold would usually be bothered by someone ordering him but since the situation they are in is out of their hands, he couldn't bother feeling insulted.
----------------------------------------------------------

Anessa brought a tray with a pitcher of coffee and six mugs. There is also packs of sugar and cream. She set the tray down in front of the group of people on the table.

"Like I said, you can have your coffee sweet or bitter. Coffee is naturally bitter so you can add as much sugar and/or cream as you like."

"Kind of like tea," Prince Leopold stated.

"Yep," Anessa agreed.

So the 5 otherworlders put whatever much cream and sugar they wanted in their coffee. Anessa just quietly observe them with a blank face while sipping her own mug of coffee.

"This taste amazing!" Keenan exclaimed, sipping his coffee energetically.

"I agree, this taste more preferable than tea," commented Wilder, taking a huge sip.

Marianne's eyes widened at the taste, she finished her mug, then quickly grabbed the pitcher to add more coffee. Anessa saw her actions and thought she will likely become a coffee addict.

"I must have the recipe!" Prince Leopold declared unexpectedly.

"Maybe you can use your world's Koko beans if you want to make your own coffee. It's similar to my world's coffee beans," Anessa said out of the blue.

"What?!" Prince Leopold exclaimed with wide eyes, "But it was thought that those beans are useless since it tastes so bitter!"

"Well now you know. Anyways once you guys are done, we need to talk about your predicament." Anessa said, changing the topic.