Just Let Them Suffer (Edited 12/24/23)

Note: This chapter is based on that most people chose "C" from the previous chapter.

Anessa had an instant idea.

"You know what? How about I just have you guys do both!" She said, revealing an evil smile.

The entourage of otherworlders suddenly felt chills from her proclamation.

"B-both?!" Matthias stammered out.

"You want us to go to school and get a job too?" Wilder exclaimed with a raised eyebrow.

"Ridiculous! I vehemently refused!" Prince Leopold dismissed Anessa's idea, waving his arms in an "X" position.

Marianne and Keenan didn't say anything, but their eyes are widened in disbelief.

Anessa's left eye twitched in annoyance.

"Well, this is a good way for you guys to get familiarize with the customs of Earth! Going to school to observe how people are educated plus getting first hand experience with how our society operates with a job, you will get to know how this world works!"

Anessa is probably spouting bullsh*t just to to try to persuade these otherworlders to follow through with her plan.

"This is to help you guys not stand out! You came from a world that is more strict and formal, which is not Earth's society standards. In addition, you guys owe me for housing, food and cleaning up after some of you. In this world, nothing is free."

I just want you guys to suffer a bit. Especially Matthias. Anessa thought wickedly. He had been an annoyance.

The 5 otherworlders gave a quick glance at each other, seemingly communicating with their eyes.

Wilder sighs.

"Well, that's true. We do owe you," he said.

"What?!" Keenan exclaimed in surprise at what his friend just said.

"Wilder are you serious?!" Matthias yelled out in disbelief.

"You're right," Prince Leopold unexpectedly agreed after a thought, "We owe you."

"Leo, are we all really going through with this?" Marianne asks the Prince. She doesn't seem affected by the proclamation, but had to make sure everyone is actually on board.

"Yes my dear, we are. We will do what Anessa says." Prince Leopold confirmed to his love and turns his attention back to Anessa.

"Do you have any idea when that...light orb thing will be back?" He indicated System 0619.

"No clue," Anessa admitted, " I think System 0619 is likely in a situation that it will have to take more time for it to come back." She is worried for the System orb. She had became close to it during her travel of over thousands of worlds.

Now it's Prince Leopold's turn to sigh.

"We have been here a while have we? Maybe almost a month or so?" The Prince turn to face his group.

"We will all follow Anessa's idea. That is my order to you all. We owe her for taking good care of us. Does anyone disagree?" He asks his group sternly.

Wilder, Marianne, Keenan, and Mattias didn't voice any disagreements.

Well, Matthias wanted to but is afraid of the prince's wrath.

"Okay, we will all follow your idea Anessa." The prince told Anessa.

Anessa gave a scary grin that shows teeth.

"Good."