The Boy (Edited 12/24/2023)

Marianne made it to her first period class: History.

Upon entering the classroom, she saw that it was the same chaos as back when she was in homeroom; teenagers not sitting on their desks but leaning on it and talking to their peers. The teacher is not in the classroom yet.

Unsure of where to sit, Marianne spotted some unoccupied desks in the back and decided to go there. Guess her favorite spot to go to is the back.

The students turn to stare at her as she pass by.

Why do people keep staring at me?! First it was the Royal Academy in Arcine, now here in this Earth school! She thought in annoyance and finally sat down.

Just then, the sound of the door opened with a bang and someone shouted.

"Karter! What's up my man?!" Yelled a male classmate.

Startled, Marianne look up after dropping her backpack to the floor.

A tall boy wearing a black hoodie with disheveled orange hair and lightly tanned skin appeared in front of the class.

"Tired." The boy named Karter responded to the other male. "I'm not going to chit chat with you right now so don't disturb me." He then shuffled his way to the back of the classroom.

Wait a minute, I think I've seen him! He's the boy that was asleep in homeroom! He only responded when the teacher took attendance! Marianne remembered.

Karter unexpectedly chose the seat next to hers. He carelessly dropped his backpack to the floor.

Seeing that Karter chose to sit next to the new girl, the students whispered to each other. They weren't silent enough since Marianne can still hear them.

"I know Karter always sit in the back but why does he have to choose to sit next to the new girl?! There are other empty seats around!" Whispered a random girl.

"Yea, Misty will be so pissed if she knows about this!" Whispered back her friend.

What in the lord are they on about?! Are they talking about me?! This definitely feels like it's no different from the Royal Academy! Marianne can't believe that she had to deal with rumors about her all over again.

Finally the teacher came in and everyone immediately went to find a seat.

"Hello class, my name is Mr. Hendrix your teacher for this course. I will take attendance and then the syllabus will be passed around. I will talk about that and then we will get started on Chapter 1." Said the teacher.

"Also the seats you have chosen are your permanent seats for the duration of this course."

So the teacher took attendance then gave a stack of papers to be passed around. Then he talks about the syllabus that contains the course objectives and what chapters will be covered.

"Now please take out your textbook and notebook so that we can begin Chapter 1."

Marianne unzips her backpack and rummages through it to find her history textbook. Suddenly, she felt a sense of panic when she couldn't find it.

Her history textbook is nowhere in her backpack! She must have forgotten to take it out of her locker!

" Has everyone gotten there textbook out?" Mr. Hendrix called out to the class.

Marianne shakingly raised her hand up, making the teacher notice her.

"Yes Miss Appleton?"

Some of the students snickered at hearing her last name.