Taking Pictures (Edited 11/12/23)

Anessa is almost done with her work. She just need to make an order for fake IDs, but in order to do that she needs the profile pics of her...guests.

"Oh geez..." Anessa does not feel any excitement for this.

"Hey guys," she started, addressing the group of otherworlders, " after breakfast, I need to take pictures of you."

"Pictures? What do you mean? Are you asking if we have paintings of ourselves with us? We didn't bring anything when we landed " Keenan asked in confusion, the others mirroring his expression.

Anessa smacked her head.

"I know that you guys don't have anything but the clothes on your back when you unwittingly landed on me when we got sent to Earth! I am not asking if you brought paintings with you. I just need to take photos of you in order to get you guys fake IDs!" Anessa reworded.

But the expression of confusion remains on her guests.

"What are photos?" Matthias asked.

"What are IDs and why does it have to be fake?" Keenan throws in again.

"Ughhh" Anessa groaned.

"Okay, photos are like paintings but instead of using paint to create pictures of yourself...it uses...um...I guess light?" Anessa tried to explain.

I hope that is correct, she thought.

"What?! Light?! Impossible!" Prince Leopold blurted out, slamming his hand on the kitchen counter.

"And IDs are identification cards, for you guys they have to be fake because obviously you never existed in this world until now!" Anessa pointed out.

Marianne just stayed quiet listening to the conversation while Wilder had a thoughtful look.

This world is amazing...light to create pictures...

"I think it's best if I showed you guys," Anessa decided.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, what I am showing to you guys in my hand is called a camera." After breakfast, everyone gathered to the living room. Anessa stood in the middle of the room holding out a digital camera to the 5 otherworlders that are spread out over various furnitures.

Prince Leopold, Marianne, and Wilder sat together on the 3 seater sofa. Keenan sat on the couch near them. Matthias sat on the bean bag chair on the floor beside them.

This is a odd piece of furniture but it is actually comfortable, Matthias thought about the beanbag chair. He leaned into it and sighs in content.

"The camera will allow me to take pictures of you. The pictures will be immediate, not like the time it takes to complete a painting," Anessa continues to explain.

"Interesting," commented Prince Leopold, eyes fixated on the device.

"Agreed," said Wilder, looking at the camera also.

"So I just need to take pictures of your face. I just need to make sure your hair is neat. Also, Wilder needs to take off his glasses.

The last bit surprises Wilder.

"May I ask why?" He asks.

"Um...I guess they need to see a full face so your eyes cannot be covered."

"Hmmm, alright," Wilder said with a sigh and took off his glasses.

"Alright, let's get started! Who wants to have their picture taken first?!" Anessa asked around.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Okay Leo, just stand by the wall and look straight at the camera. Just stay still and smile," Anessa directed Prince Leopold to stand against her wall.

"When had I allow you to call me Leo?" Prince Leopold asked with a raised eyebrow.

Anessa rolled her eyes,"Your name is a mouthful and your princely rules don't work with me. Now just do what I just told you."

Prince Leopold grumbled but does what she told him.

"Okay, now smile. Oh! Also don't blink until after I say 'Cheese'!"

"Why would you say Che-" The prince was cut off.

"Shh! Quiet now, I'll tell you later! Make sure to smile and don't blink! Stay like that until after I say 'Cheese'!"

The prince got into position as instructed with a crooked looking smile on his face.

"Okay now! 1!2!3! Cheese!" Suddenly a bright flash appears before the prince's eyes.

"What the-!" Prince Leopold immediately cover his eyes with his arm.

"Alright you are done! Now who is next?" Anessa turn to asked the others in the room.

Wilder, Marianne, Keenan, and Matthias just look at each other nervously.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"You guys want to take a look?" Later Anessa showed her guests the photos she has taken.

Her guests rushed to gather around her to look at the "not paintings".

Seeing their photos on the screen of the camera shocked them to the core.

"This can't be real...is this magic?" Matthias said with a shaken voice.

"There is no magic in this world, the creation of this device is through the power of science." Anessa stated.

"Now that everyone's photos are taken, I can finally make my order for fake IDs for you guys in the black market."