The Talk Part 1 (Edited 10/30/23)

After everyone had their coffee fix, Anessa began to speak.

"So what do you guys want to me to tell you?" Anessa asked the 5 silent people around the table.

Matthias scoffed," Well, why not tell us the obvious?" He said rudely, talking down on Anessa.

Anessa narrowed her eyes at him. She is getting tired of this arrogant boy.

"If you want to ask questions, be more specific kid, and more politely. Didn't your parents teach you manners? I don't have time to hear more sh*t talk from you. I can just kick you out and let the bears devour you."

"You wouldn't dare!" Matthias cried out when he heard her threat.

"YES. I. DARE." Anessa worded threateningly, "Let's see if you can survive alone in the woods, with whatever creatures roaming around."

Matthias gulped then clamped his mouth shut.

"Why do you call us kids? Aren't you around the same age as us?" Keenan suddenly asked, stopping Matthias from saying anything more.

"The original Anessa was," answered Anessa, "I'm actually at least 21 years old."

"Huh?!" The 5 outsiders said in surprise at the same time. She is actually 4-5 yrs older than them?!

Wilder narrowed his eyes to look closely at Anessa's face and realized that she kind of looked a bit older than them but not much. She completely lost the baby fat they were used to seeing on her. Is it because of coming back to her home world?

"You do seem to look a bit older than us, but back in our world you looked around our age," Wilder asked in wonder.

"Oh, I guess since I'm finally back to my original world, I am back to the age before I......" Anessa suddenly stopped herself. Her face have an expression of anguish and a faraway look came to her eyes.

Prince Leopold and the rest of his group became surprised when Anessa stopped talking and saw her expression.

"Miss Anessa...what were you about to say..." Prince Leopold asked her carefully, suddenly feeling like he is treading on thin ice.

Anessa switched her expression to neutrality and answered almost robotically.

"I was about to say....I am likely back to the age before I died."

What?!!! The 5 otherworlders thought simultaneously in shock.

"What?!! Did you say you died?!!" The 5 otherworlders shouted out.

"You.....died?" Prince Leopold then repeatedly slowly.

"How can that be?"Marianne asked in shock.

Keenan and Matthias had their jaws dropped to the floor.

"I don't understand....you are sitting with us right now! Were you revived by some sort of dark magic?!" Wilder exclaimed.

"Were you a product of a resurrection?!" Added Matthias loudly.

Anessa gave a humorless chuckle. Matthias answer was actually the closest.

"Not quite, but maybe not far off." Anessa took a sip of her coffee again and had a thoughtful look.

"Maybe it's best if you start from the beginning," suggested Prince Leopold.

"The beginning huh? So you want to hear my story?" Anessa stated more than asked.

The 5 otherworlders nodded. They suddenly feel eager to hear about her life.

"Well my story is pretty long, so I will just summarize it with the important points. But first, actually about my age...."

The 5 younger people stared at her with rapt attention. Wilder, Keenan, and Matthias picked up their mugs and began to sip their coffee again.

"I said that I am at least 21 years old, but now that I think about it more, I believe I'm actually at least 10,000 years old."

Wilder, Keenan, and Matthias spat out their coffee at the same time, staining the tablecloth.

"WHAT!!!!!" The otherworlders shouted simultaneously.

She is older than all of their ancestors combined!

"Hey! That is such a waste of precious coffee!" Anessa cried out in disgust, seeing the soiled tablecloth.

"God damnit..." she mutters. Now she has to wash it or get a new tablecloth.