Utilizing a Skill (Edited 11/12/23)

By now, everyone has woken up in time to take breakfast.

The was a wafting smell of food in the air. With his sensitive nose, Matthias began to drool.

"My lord, what is this amazing smell?" Matthias got up from where he sat on the bed after finishing taking the "shower" from the bathroom that the she-devil Anessa showed him.

He was on his best behavior when Anessa came to his room to provide a change of clothes and showed him how to turn the different knobs in the bathroom. It was an interesting experience. He kind of prefers the shower instead of taking baths.

But he still don't like the woman. He still finds her untrustworthy.

With his nose, he followed the tantalizing scent of food towards the kitchen. Matthias saw that everyone else is seated.

"Matthias, come sit next to me! You got to try this!" Keenan shouted from his seat near the kitchen island. He held out a fork with a piece of something that looks like a honeycomb but round.

"What is that?" Matthias asked curiously.

"It is called waffle, it goes great with honey!"

"It's called maple syrup not honey," Marianne corrected him gently while eating her own waffle along with scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Oh yeah, Miss Marianne is right. I think it taste better than honey in my opinion."

Matthias saw that all of his companions are having waffles.

Suddenly Anessa came and blocked Matthias's view.

"What do you want to eat? There are scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, toast with butter and jam, baked beans, pancakes, and waffles. There are also fruit like oranges, apples, and berries. For drinks there are orange juice, apple juice, and coffee," she said.

"Um...well...I would like to try waffle!" Matthias said unnecessarily loud.

Anessa stared at him with seemingly unnerving eyes, make Matthias nervous.

"Anything else?" She asked.

"I guess I'll drink...orange juice?" Matthias said like a question.

Anessa turn herself away.

"Follow me."

Anessa grabbed a plate and led him to a waffle maker. She sprayed the insides with the non-stick butter and then poured the batter. She closes the top portion of the waffle maker and let's it cook. Then she flips the surface over.

Matthias watches Anessa's actions with wonderment. The equipment is very interesting, not like anything he has ever seen from his world.

"Do you want whipped cream and strawberries on it," asked Anessa after the waffle is done.

"That sounds good. Thank you." Matthias agreed, actually polite to her for once.

After spraying whipped cream and adding strawberries on the waffle, Anessa handed the plate and utensils to him.

"Enjoy," was all she said and silently headed to her own seat at the head of the kitchen island. Before her is only a mug of coffee and her laptop.

Matthias took a seat beside Keenan and began to to dig into his waffle

"This is delicious!" He exclaimed.

Prince Leopold was just spreading jam on his toast when he notices Anessa not having a plate of food.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" he asked her.

"Not yet, I need to set up something," Anessa answered, typing away on her laptop and then took a sip of her coffee.

Curious, Prince Leopold got up from his seat and walk towards Anessa. He stood behind her, looking over her shoulders.

He was in awe of how fast her fingers move on what looks like a sort of...typewriter, or looks like a book with a glass screen? The technology of her world amazes him.

"What are you setting up?" He asked curiously.

"You guy's existence in this world." Anessa said, typing furiously to continue to masterfully hack into government databases.