The Roles She Take (Edited 8/24/23)

Anessa sighed as she took upon laying down the pillows and blankets for the guest rooms. It's a good thing that the mansion is big enough to have 5 guest rooms, one for each of her "guests". But she doubts that the girl and the idiot prince are willing to stay in separate rooms (You know who I'm talking about).

As she continued to do her tasks, Anessa thought about her lives in different worlds.

When she died, she never expected to meet System 0619 in the afterlife. System 0619 said that they have been watching her and took pity on her miserable life so much so that they struck a deal with her.

The deal was for her to act out the roles of different versions of herself in multiple universes.

For 10,000 years.

And to do it without dying or going crazy.

If she succeeded without dying or snapping, she'll be able to live again in her original world, Earth.

Now 10,000 years of living as different versions of themselves would be too much for an ordinary person to do.

In those 10,000 years you gain and forget so many memories, you lose so many people you become attached to, you can become more and more tired of living as you go through many lives. It was like being immortal.

Most people would love the idea of being immortal, but not Anessa.

It was like not being able to have a good night sleep in a excruciatingly long time.

Mental pain beats physical pain.

With each world she was reborn in, she had to follow certain scripts. She had to follow the script perfectly. She can not break from the script. It must be followed as accurately as it was given. Once she follows the script given to her towards the end, she can escape the world with her dimensional scissors and move on to the next world.

She took so much different roles in her 10,000 years of lives. Any role be it a scientist, actress, hacker, general, empress, overlord, space commander, heroine, villainess. You name it and she likely have done it.

She can also be rich or poor, have a disability or immunity to disease, be a human or alien or whatever creature.

But one thing is the same.

They are all ANESSAS.

If she doesn't follow the script exactly, she would be forced to repeat her progress starting from her first world.

Repeating adds more years, wasting her time, risking her more of losing her sanity.

But somehow, Anessa Rosswald has never failed her tasks.

For the 10,000 years of following the scripts of different worlds, she has done it perfectly.

The only reason she was able to stay sane all this time is that what drives to complete her missions are too strong.

It was her ultimate drive for revenge that lead her to keep going.

But in the last world, she must have been slacking for a bit....

Because now she is in her current situation.

But she definitely DID NOT FAIL.

She is back in her original world. No one can predict what would happen in the last second.

Now she needs to plan. The first thing she'll do is check the current timeline to see if she is actually back before or after her death.

After she finished setting up the guest rooms, Anessa decided to go check up her own room.

She walks at a normal pace down the hall of her mansion until she stops at the door to her room. She then twisted the knob and slowly opened the door. She turned the light switch on and scanned her room until her eyes widens at what she saw.

On the wall across from where she stood, there are dried blood splatters.

"This confirms it," Anessa whispers to herself, looking coldly at the sight.

"This timeline is after my death."