𝐱𝐯. the difference a centimetre really makes

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, the difference a centimetre really makes❝don't worry, we have the power of cupcakes and purple potions on our side! ❞

❝don't worry, we have the power of cupcakes and purple potions on our side!

ミ★

࿐ྂ𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜 𝐎𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧
𝟒 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

Grover had been right, the cupcakes did help. At least that was what Eleanor thought as she munched away on a bite of red velvet as her friends gaped at her leisure. But could you blame her? It wasn't like fate was going to take a sick day and well, who was she to let the fluffy, baked goods go to waste?

Her hand slowly made work on wiping some red crumbs from her pouted lips. "What?" asked Eleanor, flitting her eyes between the gobsmacked trio. "Do I have icing on my nose?"

"No," Annabeth wailed sarcastically, her hands strangling through the knots that the wind folded through her hair. "You just have to live up to Hercules and one of his labours and all you're doing right now is eating a cupcake! Eleanor Andromeda Knightley!"

The daughter of Zeus' shoulders hunched at the sound of her full name spewing from the blondes mouth. In a sudden moment, Eleanor was lost. She was carried far away as the saltine air seemed to morph into sticky humidity and the endless cerulean currents were overtaken by dewy grass that she could almost, just about, feel tickling her toes. With just the flutter of her eyes, Eleanor was a little girl again, her overalls stained in the same lilac paint that coated the carnations planted in her front lawn. Instead of Annabeth, Claire Knightley stood before her, still bewitching in her intimidating firmness as she lectured Eleanor Andromeda on taking better care of her paints.

Eleanor couldn't remember the last time she heard the name Andromeda until now. In fact, she never cared for it much, not when most families weren't like her own, who were absolutely enthralled by tales of ancient times, lore of wronged, gorgon women and powerful gods of Greece. So, Andromeda fell into the background and soon enough she was just Eleanor, most certainly not Eleanor Andromeda.

Well, that was until Annabeth brought it back to the surface. And it seemed that both Grover and Percy were also captured by the odd fact that was her middle name.

As three stares menaced her countenance, Eleanor shrunk into herself, finding that she was caught between losing herself to memories sending pricks through her heart or on the impending danger, one that trailed her closely, shadow-like and predatory, one way or another she realised she would have to lose but, maybe not now. Right now, she could bask in the illuminating map of sunshine left on her cheeks or the wind stroking back her honey tendrils as she had a weird conversation about middle names and cupcakes.