𝐱𝐢. trip has a very lethal love for waterlilies

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, trip has a lethal love for waterlilies❝what is this? part seventeen of us almost being killed by something! ❞

❝what is this? part seventeen of us almost being killed by something!

ミ★

࿐ྂ 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩'𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋
𝟓 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

The four teens made an immediate getaway. They didn't stop to spare a glance at the police cars arriving at the scene, nor did they pause in their step of helping a wobbling and shaking Eleanor down the sidewalk. Their only goal was to find the damned garden center, which seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth.

After giving in to entering the nearest coffee shop and asking for directions, the quartet finally had direction. As they trekked down the sidewalk, passing shops and buildings, Eleanor internally cursed for wearing her overalls, exposing her legs, but then again, she hadn't expected to be thrown across the gravel by a lightning bolt with intent to kill her friends and possibly herself too, somehow. She ignored the stinging on her knees, knowing it might've been worse if they had waited longer.

Eleanor believed in coincidence. That had been how she lived her life, by putting everything down to chance. She never wanted to unveil the truth behind all the weird things that happened in her life, yet here she was, with an affirmative feeling in her bones that the lightning bolt was out for blood and it wouldn't settle until it got some.

The who was the question tickling the back of her mind.

Though she didn't have enough time to question it when she noticed Annabeth come to a stop in front of a quaint, little property, a green sign reading 'trip's garden center' in calligraphic letters sitting above the glass doors.

Sharing a glance with each other, the four teens filed into the center warily. It was small, though it wasn't short on plantlife. Eleanor was almost tempted to brush her fingers against the hydrangeas sitting in ceramic pots to the right of her, wishing to feel the waxy feel of the petals the same way she would when she had been fourteen years old. But, she restrained herself and settled for looking.

They dodged hanging leaves, aiming to get to the counter where they would hopefully find someone who knew anything about the relic. Eleanor wasn't sure how this worked.

"Hello?" called Annabeth, eyes flitting through flower seeds, bags of soil and the assortment of nature that wafted a strong aroma she tried to ignore. "Is anybody here?" her voice broke through the eery silence once more as she grasped the desk, leaning across to peer at the empty place where a worker should have been.

"I really don't like this," muttered Eleanor, drifting away from her friends as she wandered further into the desolate place, noticing the odd choice of placing a fountain underneath the roof. Her fingers trailed across the stone, intricate, Greek designs painting the surface. This soothed her slightly, knowing she hadn't been completely wrong in leading her friends to this location.