𝐯𝐢𝐢. hello and welcome to pencil-vania

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, follow the creepy voice in your head: check❝eleanor's beginner's guide for finding trouble and bad luck– chapter one! ❞

❝eleanor's beginner's guide for finding trouble and bad luck– chapter one!

ミ★

࿐ྂ𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐭𝐞, 𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐚, 𝐏𝐀
𝟔 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

If visiting the Franklin Institute had been on Eleanor's bucket list, she would have proceeded to tick the experience as accomplished as she stood before the architecturally defined building, slightly in awe at the sight. The widespread stone structure included a collection of steps, ones that led to an opening behind six pillars, with people flooding the entrance.

Eleanor never imagined that she would be in Pennsylvania during the summer, let alone anywhere other than her house. She believed that, like always, her summer would consist of packed boxes and moving trucks, the girl using the small amount of free time after the move to readjust to the new town. But not this time. This time, she surged forward, friends on either side of her, to the entrance of the museum, tilting her head upwards as they passed through.

"This should be a fun experience," Grover commented, the satyr frowning as they stepped further into the museum, just realising how big the building truly was.

A sudden sobriety sparked in the mood of the four. "How are we supposed to find a magical lyre in here?" Percy questioned, displeased with the task they were supposed to fulfill for the god. "There's people everywhere, whose to say somebody's already taken it."

"I don't know," Eleanor drawled, squinting at their surroundings. "Apollo seemed pretty confident it'd be here. I think the real question is why he was hanging out in a museum," she snorted, imagining the man in the clouds laughing at their troubles.

"We're just going to have to split up and look through the different exhibits," Annabeth released a sigh, her strategic thinking coming into play. "It's the only thing we can do. Besides, we'll meet here again for lunch. "

Eleanor plucked four maps from the information desk, flashing a friendly smile and shake of the head at the employee who greeted her with a query if she needed help. "Here," she said, handing out the pamphlet to each of them, while keeping one for herself, "so we don't get lost."

"But what if we run into trouble?" Grover asked warily, reminiscing the blonde at the train station.

"Try not to die," Percy reference from their list on the train, clapping the satyr's shoulder as he maneuvered around his friend and sunk into the crowd.

Eleanor pursed her lips, a frown embedded on her face. "What a jerk," she murmured, rolling her eyes as the boy left their sight.

Annabeth nudged her friend with a laugh, failing to believe her comment was truthful. It was obvious that the pair had grown closer at camp and were only growing closer as time passed. "I'm sure you wished you actually believed that," she quipped, beginning to make her own departure from the group.