𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. demigod rule six, don't go chasing waterfalls

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, demigod rule six don't go chasing waterfalls❝don't think you can get away with touching my best friend, you psycho vampire! ❞

❝don't think you can get away with touching my best friend, you psycho vampire!

ミ★

࿐ྂ𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡
𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬, 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐎𝐑
𝟒 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

Oregon was surprisingly warmer than Chicago had been and it was the best type of change the demigods had encountered so far. In fact, it served to remind Eleanor that it was still Summer and being on a quest wasn't about to change that.

Thankfully the cupcakes weren't the only gift Aphrodite had left, leaving Eleanor to wake up to warm, Summer breezes and a new (and fashionable, of course) outfit to change into. As much as the brunette shared the love goddess' inner fashionista, she wondered if the blue patterned dress hanging of her body was really the best decision on their pirate hunt for loss relics. But, she wore it anyway because who was she to deny the soft, baby blue material that called out her name?

It seemed that everyone had been touched up by Aphrodite in some way and Eleanor realised that once she waltzed out of the bathroom, feeling elegant as ever in her new dress. Annabeth also wore some fresh clothes and her glossy blonde, hair had been delicately pulled into a French braid that the brunette could tell she didn't entirely hate. Grover's curls looked much more presentable, the barely noticeable horns looking shinier than before and his hooves stuffed in some shoes, which appeared more snug than his previous ones. When it came to Percy, Eleanor didn't the see any changes instantly and it took her a minute of obvious staring to realise the way Aphrodite had barely redecorated him.

They were subtle things that would only be found if someone was looking and boy, was Eleanor looking. That was the only way she noticed how his hair looked a little softer than grimy, his eyes glimmering bright than being sunken in with tire and the choice clothes that reminded her he was more well-built than he let on.

Thank me later, darling, a cheery voice echoed in her head.

Her cheeks dusted pink and the Knightley girl quickly preoccupied herself with stuffing the raven-haired boys jacket and sweater into her backpack, knowing she wouldn't need it in Portland anytime soon.

"Alright, I'm gonna make a breakfast run," announced Grover while shouldering his backpack across his shoulders that were covered by a crisp green t-shirt. "I will meet you three in the lobby."

"I'll come," Eleanor spat out in such a rush that she regretted the words and hoped the flush had drained from her cheeks as they all turned to her. "I mean to talk to reception," noticing their stares she smiled nervously and continued, "and she how we can get to Multnomah Falls."