𝐱. the world waits for no one, not even the broken

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧, the world waits for no one, not even the broken❝my life's a mess, should I really be surprised! ❞

❝my life's a mess, should I really be surprised!

ミ★

When Eleanor awoke, she was crying. Though she didn't notice the moisture on her cheeks at first, she soon became aware of the glossy layer shielding her irises, her friends becoming nothing but blurry forms.

After blinking furiously, she slipped her legs over the side of the oak table she had been lying on for an amount of time she wasn't aware of and released her deathly grip on the stone around her neck. Eleanor ignored the concerned expressions on the faces of all her friends, instead, opting to stumble over to the right, following her sighting of untouched, white paper. Without a single word and ignoring the trio, whose eyes followed her every move carefully, she gripped the black inky pen, clutching it between her fingers and began to draw.

The pen slid across the paper effortlessly, her mind directing its actions without the girl truly being present in her actions. But, rather than fighting the controlling presence in her brain, she allowed it to wander through the depths of her refreshed mind, picking at memories that provided information to the drawing. It began to flourish; lines connected, pictures grew through ink and beneath her eyes she watched as a map was created.

Once the illustrations were drawn to her liking, her hands, considerably tightening her grip on the black pen, began to inscribe words beneath the drawings. To her, it was perfect English yet, behind her, her three companions noticed how before it translated easily under their eyes, it was primarily written in Greek. Neither of the three friends wanted to interrupt her drawing, though they could sense the distress building up inside of the girl they considered a friend, and they didn't need clairvoyance to tell them that.

The flesh layering her lips was gnawed, anxiety directing her porcelain teeth to move their tugging the inside of her cheek. Her hand began to shake once her the authoritative voice in her head sunk into it's shadowed corner, allowing her to stare at her illustration.

Tentatively, Eleanor turned around to look at them, pale and trembly. The jittering in her hand didn't stop and it was almost as if the girl was still drawing, without a pen and simply in the brisk air engulfing the dimly lit room. Her ragged breaths slowed down as the Knightley girl inhaled deeply, compelling herself to remain calm.

Hecate was the first to move. She waltzed forward, evidently unfazed with the girl's timid behaviour that came along with her clairvoyant episodes, making the teens think she had seen it enough times to get used to it. And, maybe she had. Annabeth, Percy, and Grover had no idea what Eleanor saw in her unconscious state, but they knew it couldn't have been anything entirely good given her tears.

"A map of the relics," the goddess announced, the paper poised between her index finger and thumb and her eyes trailing across the ebony lines that stained the white paper. It was a known fact that all the gods and goddesses of Olympus had heard of the relics, though it was very little of them that knew what they truly were. And that was only because of tensions in their home, that at this point were running high. With the rise of Chaos, some of the gods didn't know where the loyalty lay, some choosing to side with the evil deity, after all this was the first-ever ruler the cosmos had. Who could deny him? "Your entire life is about to change, my dear. And not for the better."