𝐢. not such a normal day after all

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞, not such a normal day after all❝ okay, so normality may not be in my dictionary! ❞

❝ okay, so normality may not be in my dictionary!

ミ★

࿐ྂ 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡
𝐎𝐚𝐤𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲, 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧, 𝐍𝐘

Like clockwork, it began. It was only when all doors closed did the momentous event take place, as it always had and as it always would. Eleanor Knightley hated to fall asleep for as long as she could remember, which retrospectively wasn't long at all given that the trend had begun simply a few months ago, from what she could tell at least.

For what seemed like every night, as soon as her glossy lids fell down to their halves she was plagued with fanatical dreams that depicted images out of fairytales. With humans metamorphosing into disheveled creatures of hooves and brown fur to the strategic skill of swordsmen that would work to pierce their opponents. Little did she know, that most of the events cascading through the lucidity of her dreams had either taken place or were bound to at one point.

Though, who would believe that? After all, dreams were just dreams.

At least that was what Eleanor told herself as she sat up in a frenzy, blinking away images of the stygian coated spirals that beckoned her forward. Her hands gripped the white sheets that lay strewn across her bed, barely covering her in an attempt for comfort.

Although the light seeped through the lace fragments of her curtains Eleanor knew she had woken up earlier than she needed too, and she knew that she would remain this way until her mother awoke and deemed herself ready to ride the girl to school.

So she followed the same routine as usual.

Eleanor grasped the book on her bedside table as well as the pen lingering near to her reach. The pages stained with lines of black ink traveled for pages, illustrations of different people and artifacts littering the sketchbook of sorts. The Knightley girl would have liked to romanticise the book and boast of how it was a dream journal, a way to remember her most fond dreams through art.

Yet such a wish would never be fulfilled. Instead, she was left with dark drawings of unfortunate events that she'd like to think would be gone if she drew them on the blank pages and lock them away until the next dream occurred. But no matter how hard she tried, they continued to make their nightly appearances.

The brunette's eyebrows furrowed over the slope of her nose, her lips pursed as the pen began moving in an eloquent matter. It didn't take long for the image to unfold as the girl was careless of the details that she couldn't remember, so she continued to outline her four characters in black lines.

In a black setting, the three figures could be seen bending down, surrounding the fourth companion that lay across the ground, evidently injured or perhaps worse. Eleanor chewed on her lip anxiously, her hands fidgeting, an action that for once was not a cause of her ADHD. Hesitantly her hands gripped a pink pen that was uncapped in a matter of seconds and before she could stop herself a jewelled necklace was drawn across the deteriorating dream girl's neck.