𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. motels & waffles, name a better pair

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, motels & waffles, name a better pair❝so, you make me smile

❝so, you make me smile. . . big flipping deal!

ミ★

The high spirits between the quartet were shortlived. It was only after they glorified the majestic instrument did they realize the obvious; sure, they had the lyre, but how were they going to contact the God who it belonged to.

Although they were trapped in unfortunate circumstances, Eleanor was almost certain they could have come up with a better plan. Preferably one that did not require the girl embarrassing herself in a public area. You see, Eleanor always imagined if anyone told her that in the future she would be proclaimed a demigod, then proceed to carry out a quest, she would have laughed in their faces. But, as she stood beneath the sky, hands on her hips with pursed lips, talking to the bristled air and looking like a lunatic, she was ready to reconsider.

Percy had come up with a plan that he considered marvelous, although some were ready to argue otherwise. He encouraged her that Gods typically listened to demigods, and all they had to do was call for him. Yet, so far their efforts were useless.

"This clearly isn't working," the brunette huffed, swivelling around on her heel to see her three friends, who seemed to be half amused and half irritated at the predicament. Eleanor, on the other hand, was solely annoyed. "I refuse to keep calling out to a-a golden surfer wannabe that doesn't have the decency to reply– even after we almost died for this thing!"

Annabeth finally nodded, her hope of Percy's plan working, beginning to dim. "Maybe we should try something else–"

"Oh– just try one more time!" Percy persisted, a frown beginning to flaw his normally optimistic features. As much as the green-eyed boy found Eleanor talking to the sky amusing, he refused to believe that it wouldn't work. He hadn't suggested it entirely for his amusement, it was just a bonus that it came along.

Eleanor rolled her blue irises and crossed her arms across her chest. As she did so, she winced at the spark of pain emitting from her right shoulder, which had taken the larger impact of her collision to the wall. The Knightley girl hoped no one noticed, considering she knew they had bigger things to worry about. Instead, her face morphed into an exasperated expression, "remind me again why I'm the one screaming at the sky and not any of you."

"Because," shrugged Percy with ease, leaning back into the park bench he was sitting on, "he obviously has some sort of history with you– and therefore likes you better than any of us."

She couldn't deny that. After the train ride, she had informed the three companions that Apollo knew more than he let on as well as the strange feeling that resided in her stomach whenever he was around, which in reality, wasn't often. But, she found it unsettling nonetheless; Eleanor Knightley was certain she knew Apollo from somewhere.